Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Assassin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dave Carters Assassin Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dave Carters Assassin Lures
    Posted: 15 May 2010 at 9:52pm
I caught up with Dave Carter at the Hervey Bay Markets a few weeks ago to say Gday and have a look at Dave's hand crafted lures that he sells there.

After a very enjoyable chat about Lures and fishing the local waterways, I grabbed a few lures before my young fella dragged me off to the ice cream van! (he loves lures too, however they come a poor second to ice cream)

The lures are very nicely finished and I like the action. I'll be going back for more of these I think!

Here's a few photo's

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 10:24pm

Nice lures Tony I especially like the Blue pearl with black colour Very niceClapClapClap Regards Pete.

I'd rather be fishing with

Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 6:43pm
Hi Tony. It was good to put a face to the name the other week at the markets.
Im not much of a typer so this will be short!
Thanks for the positive feedback on the lures. It is good to know that you liked them.
Its great to see the site going so well. I have told many about it and view the posts regularly.
I hope to catch up with you again one day, till then......
happy fishin'.
Dave Big smile
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 7:12pm
G'day Dave,

Great to hear from you Smile

I am certain we will catch up again soon, whether that be at the markets, or over a fishing rod I look forward to it Thumbs Up

p.s. I'm hot on the trail of some of your early lures - fingers crossed I'll have a couple in the not too distant future!

Cheers, Tony

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 12:47am
you make some beautiful lures Dave,i am drooling over the nudies that Tony has put up Thumbs Up
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 7:46am
Nice lures Dave.Very well finished and some very well thought out shapes and styles.
The Journey is the Reward

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 1:25pm
I caught up with Dave again today, we had a quick chat (I have laryngitis) LOL and Dave showed me a couple of new models he's recently added to his Assassin Lures range.

Two new surface lures - a Bass sized surface walker, and Barra sized "Assassin Fizzer" with a poly prop Dave made up, the Fizzer has very heavy running gear, and the keeled design found in a few of Dave's other lures.

The third is a new bass sized lure that I'll have to give a throw out at Lenthall's along with the surface walker next time I get out there.

I've got some other great examples of Dave's work I'll have to get posted up soon as well.

Cheers, Tony

bigi View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 6:46pm
im a little over 200km away, did you get a pic of him in front of his market stall
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 7:12pm
Gday bigi

Sorry, I didn't think of taking the camera Embarrassed

I'll see if I can coax Dave into letting me take a quick shot of him in his workshop or at the market stall, possibly I'll have a better chance of getting a photo if we go fishing and he catches a nice fish - might be smart if I go for the last option for best chance of success I think Wink Big smile

Cheers, Tony

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 7:45pm
Got a small collection of these myself Tony, nicely made lures with some obvious influences by the classic makers.

Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 8:13pm
Hi Tony, thanks for putting up the pics.
The lures are better looking than me, so you might be waiting a while B4 you get that photo Wink
I'll have to practice my professional posing!! Evil Smile
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 8:18pm
Very nice Darby - I see you have them all in packets too Thumbs Up I think Dave is moving away from the packets now due to the expense.

Dave sells the lures for a very reasonable price at the local markets, so I can understand him wanting to reduce that "fancy" overhead that isn't really required.

Cheers, Tony

Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 9:19pm
Coolhows things tony just practising a text message those lures r not 2 far away just blew up our delica 4x4 van only had it 2 weeks keep your eye on letter box     dave Tongue
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 10:42pm
G'day Dave,

Ouch - bad luck with the car Ouch

I've experienced a few annoying car issues lately, although nothing that drastic fortunately! 

oh goody - I'll be keeping a close eye on the letterbox WinkBig smile

Cheers, Tony

mearzie View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mearzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:56am
dave those lures look tops mate :)
that yelllow diver is unreal keep up the good work

theres always something about nudes , gotta love em

Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 8:55am
Nice stuff Tony, can you check something out for me. 
I think Dave sold his lures at the tackle in Granville, over the river in Maryborough.
Could you see if that's true please.
Tagged and released
Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 8:36pm
Smile hi craig yes granville bait n tackle were the first shop to put my lures on the wall. tony quaile was the owner that would have 9     10 years ago. like most lure makers thinking theyd be making a million dollars and flying around in a private helecopter well the news is an old eh holden and the arse out of me pants would be more accurate but hey a vivad imagination can be interesting craig. no but on a more serious note i love to tinker with a bit of timber and paint and see what emerges. cheers mate dave carter
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 8:54pm
Yes Dave - I remember that, company boat, Hunt and Starling pleading for some to try62, as everyone but you makes real money!!Good old days though, fortunatly we had to go out and test every new colour, and I had/have a few.
Oh yeah, love your lures, great colours and finish too.
Pete-R ,
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 9:17pm
Hi Dave, I know what you mean about ass out of your pants
that's one reason why I haven't put any of my lures in the shops.
Luremakers like us put in the hard yards and every body else
makes the big dollars off our Backs...Enough of that...
I really like your lures heaps the colors are really Unique ...ClapClapClap...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 5:57pm
I just read an article covering Dave Carter's Assassin Lures, written by Dave Magner in the September Issue of "Fish and Boat"

I feel Dave Magner did a great job of describing both Dave and his lures (wish I could write like that!)

Great work to both Dave Carter and Dave Magner! Clap

Cheers, Tony

Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 10:41pm
I concur Tony re Dave's writing style!
He wrote an article about my website 2 years ago , Oncle ABU;  in August 2008 Fish and Boat also!
I couldn't get my hat on for a day.
I managed to meet up with him Bundy as well.
cheers mate
wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 10:59pm
G'day Wayne,

I too have had the pleasure of meeting Dave  (thanks to Craig mentioning an article that Dave had written about Reidys lures in QFM) Thumbs Up A very nice gentleman, and a very keen fisherman as well.

p.s. You should have some Assassin lures to play with during the holidays (along with a few others) Wink
Cheers, Tony

Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 7:21am
Thanks Tony
Look forward to that.
Did the 3rd parcel of mags turn up yet?
Wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 8:22am
Yes thanks Wayne - they are great Thumbs Up
Cheers, Tony

rick View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 4:53pm
hi Dave i live near redcliffe brissy do you have a catalouge and do you mail your lures out
Regards RICK
Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 9:38pm

Hi rick i dont have a cattle dog but i do post lures out    dave carter

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 10:22am
HEY dave ive got a big fluffy cattle dog&fluffy goat/giunniea pig /camel/arrdvark.squirrel.......nice lures mate sweet nudies & i dig them poppers there fantastic dude ......great work dave would like to see more.........regards BOBClapClapTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueWinkWinkWinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 7:04pm
Winkhi bass nob ive got 2 dogs 1 cat 2 geanie pigs 1expecting and numerous birds not including my lovely wife
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 10:32pm
& time too knock out some nice lures cool dave IVE got a ripper joke about geanie pigs    & duck tape LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL BOBLOL
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 9:23am
GOT some of these lure sent to me the other day by a mate in QLD awsome lures the nudies are fantastic top shelf all the way think ILL be needing a few moore.....GREAT LURES....regards BOBClapClapClapClapCoolCoolCoolCool
theantspants View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theantspants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 12:34pm
G'day I bought a few lures off Dave this morning at the Nikembah market
Very nice finish on these lures that are soon to get a workout
I bought two lunatics and two pop till ya drop's

Cheers Ant

rum-mad68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rum-mad68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:06am
Hi
Heading to Hervey bay in a couple of weeks .Are the markets still on  and where about's  are they.Also is Dave still selling lures there .

Cheers
Mal
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:20am
It is always nice finding an old post that you have never seen before.

Sweet lures Dave!
cheers steiny
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:35am
Mal, 
It may be wise to PM Dave.
Not everyone shares what they do outside of fishing and luremaking.
He does make SWEEEET lures. 
I hope you pick up what you need.
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 9:01am
Originally posted by rum-mad68 rum-mad68 wrote:

Hi
Heading to Hervey bay in a couple of weeks .Are the markets still on  and where about's  are they.Also is Dave still selling lures there .

Cheers
Mal

Hi Mal,

The markets are still going (several of them) although Dave isn't currently selling at the Hervey Bay markets.

Here's some market info http://www.herveybaymarkets.com/ - always a fun outing Smile

I believe Dave is still making lures, send him a private message if you're after some. 
Cheers, Tony

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic