LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't remember...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't remember...
    Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 9:24am
...where this one came from. Had a couple and one was real productive till a bl00dy great cuda took it awayDead

Circa early 90's. Can anyone help?

Lionel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
White Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 9:44am
Looks like this lure but like you I don't know who made it.

Lionel
eddiefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 9:50am
Yeah Lionel. We used to sell a few at Lounds but my memory's very selective these days.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:54am
Lionel...yours could be a Munt lure.

Eddie looks like a Munt or a Lee's? but I could be wrong.
cheers steiny
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:59am
Eddie, your Gar lure looks like an Attack Lure

Some more info at this link:
http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/some-attack-lures_topic932.html

I agree with Steiny that Lionels has a Munt look to it

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
eddiefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 11:22am
That's it fellasThumbs Up 
You've bumped this old grey matter into gear. Lionel's is a Munt and I reckon the gar imitations were from the same stable... be still could be wrong Confused 

I don't think we sold any of Richard's lures in the shop but could be mistaken.
Rememebr he used to have a stall in the mall markets those days... Richard????

GEEZ Confused Now you've confused me Tony.
The lures you have pictured (unpacketed) are certainly the same as I have, but I cannot recall the Attack packaging ever. I would go with your call though Smile
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 11:31am
Very nice looking lure, sorry its not one of mine. Does look familiar,but cant recall!! Has it the same bib as Munt lure?? Eddie you should be on the water" Barra Time" in 30 minBig smileBig smileBig smile. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
eddiefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 11:42am
Not today Richard. Happy to keep away for a few days Wink  Had some punters who wanted a head start so I pulled the pin Shocked 
Might crack a beer and wait for those storms to roll in though.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 11:47am
Originally posted by eddiefish eddiefish wrote:

GEEZ Confused Now you've confused me Tony.
The lures you have pictured (unpacketed) are certainly the same as I have, but I cannot recall the Attack packaging ever. I would go with your call though Smile

You're not alone Eddie, I'm at least a little confused myself more often than not nowadays. One thing I've learnt with old fishing lures is that the more I know, the more I know I don't know! Confused LOL

If memory serves me correct I think CaptainCranky might have one the same as the Gar we both have still in packet, if so that should help us to clear any doubt

Cheers, Tony

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 8:37am
The smaller minnow is a Munt, made and sold as a MM (Moller Minnow), out of the Lure Shop Cooktown in mid 80's. I have one identical, sold while Peter Fooks was proprietor.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 11:31am
Peter Munt  provided this information about the Moller Minnows history last year -

Posted 19th Oct. 2012.

Moller Minnows were never made in Cooktown, some did have Carl Grist Bibs, I made them in Maryborough. They were naned "Moller Minnows" after gaining permission from the Moller family. Eric taught me to make lures, I spent many days in his shed with him prior to his passing, on his request I filled many of his orders when he found that he was unable to do so.

Peter Munt

Allan
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 11:39am
Originally posted by eddiefish eddiefish wrote:

...where this one came from. Had a couple and one was real productive till a bl00dy great cuda took it awayDead

Circa early 90's. Can anyone help?

Eddie ,
This lure is almost certainly a Peter Munt paint job. lt carries Peters trademark scaling and subtlety of application. The eyes are his , and the yellow/orange 'chin'.
The towpoint and hangers throw me a bit. but l'd say it was a Munt.
Barney.
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 11:49am
Apparently, at one point, Peter Munt used to paint Attack Lures.

Allan
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by redfish11 redfish11 wrote:

Apparently, at one point, Peter Munt used to paint Attack Lures.

Allan

G'day Allan

That's an interesting bit of info, thanks for sharing it Smile

No wonder confusion was running wild - hmmm I better hide mine from Alistair as that could make them hybrids! Shocked Big smile

Cheers, Tony

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by barneyminno barneyminno wrote:

Eddie ,
This lure is almost certainly a Peter Munt paint job. lt carries Peters trademark scaling and subtlety of application. The eyes are his , and the yellow/orange 'chin'.
The towpoint and hangers throw me a bit. but l'd say it was a Munt.
Barney.

G'day Barney

As a born and bred Maryborough boy I'd be ecstatic if it's a Munt Lure, I've contacted Barry to see if he can help sort the mystery, he holds a few keys to it I think!

After reading Allan's post, it being at least painted by Peter Munt does seem to fit. I'm glad Eddie's posted his up, great thread with lots of info coming together! Smile
Cheers, Tony

eddiefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:49pm
Thanks for all the responses fellas. Interesting stuff!

Be interesting to hear once you've heard from Barry, Tony

Cheers Eddie
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:57pm
Even the bib looks like one of Peter's, great looking lure. Tim
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 2:27pm
This lure is certainly an Attack lure made by Peter Munt.I Have one still in the packet that has Narangba then this Ph. no. 38866818.On the other side it has Gar Trolling and cast.Mackerel,Tuna,Trevally,Queenfish,King Fish.
Tank Tested.Tune if necessary by adjusting front towing eye.
The Journey is the Reward

grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 7:07pm
Also a LTL by Murry Smith from Hervy Bay.

Story is that an old bloke from the bay, Barry Neat,long gone Cry ,had a copy lathe of some sort and used to turn out bodys for Munt /LTL, when he wasn't busy he also assembled lures to painting stage, in the process he used the same bib, very distinct shape, came from my original Cooktown Tiger deep 82-83, these were the bibs i supplied to Peter Munt and the same bib in Lionels Munt Moller Minnow, all lovely old lures Fellas.
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:31pm
Carl you have just awnsered a question as to who made these,they look the same as the lures in your pic only a smaller version, i think, what do you reckon???  have tried for a long tome to get a name for them. Tim
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:51pm
Yeh Tim, Murry Smith LTL's, why didn't you just ask me??? ErmmLOL.
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 9:02pm
Thanks Carl, i posted them up as unknowns a long time ago with a nil result, i know Sticko has/had a blue one aswell that went as an unknown, i guess ill ask you next timeLOL. Tim 
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 10:23pm
that top picture is one smooth looking lure .... love it ....thanks for showing ....cheers aaron
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 4:28pm

This must have been a popular colour scheme.

Another unknown I.D'ed, thanks Carl.

Allan
Adz View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 5:37pm
The Gar is an Attack lure QLD made by Barry Neat and painted by my father.

I have some of these brand new never packaged if anyone is interested.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic