LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Barra King
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Henry & Aileens old shop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Henry & Aileens old shop
    Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 5:19pm
This is what the road looks like at the moment in Queen st North Bundy it's just outside Henery & Aileens shop that they had in the 90's.
STICKO

Nobody Wins unless Everybody Wins
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 5:33pm
Hooleeeeee crap!!!! I have driven past that spot a few times.... Those slabs are the servo driveway aren't they??
Mother nature is one tough bitch when she wants to be Stern Smile
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

sticko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 5:37pm
You know bundy Brad yeah that is the servo next to the old shop ,the re was a house washed of the stumps down the road from there.I would love to catch up if you come up this way.
STICKO

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 9:11am
Interesting story about Henry & Aileen having a shop in Bundie. Always believed they haled from Mossman?
In the 90's you state, does this mean they moved there after selling the BarraKing business to Ron Dau after 1986?
They obviously moved back to Mossman, because that's where Cranky and Tony visited for the Bio.
Would like to know the story behind the shop, maybe Barry if he sees this.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
sticko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 2:47pm
Henry & Aileen managed a shop for Aileens sister Fay and her husband Tom , They had a shop around the corner from the photo , I worked for Amalgamated pest control and I used to treat the 2 shops in the 90's . This is how I got to know Henry and he told me he made Barra King Lures they went back up north after a couple of years and I haven't talked to them in years.
STICKO

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic