LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > L. White
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lionel White baby popper!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lionel White baby popper!
    Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 2:01pm
I knew I had this tucked away somewhere and have just found it - A Lionel White miniature popper.
This one has pinned mostly JP's and sooties and an occasional fresh barra but haven't used it for the best part of 20 years for fear of losing it.
The face that Lionel incorporated into these - don't think he made too many - pushes waters beautifully with the slightest encouragement.
Thought I'd share Smile

Lionel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
White Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 2:16pm
You got me on that, I don't remember making that popper.
eddiefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 2:29pm
Recall you only did a handful Lionel, and we used to hang them on a wire above or near the counter with your other gems. And typical of your paintwork it stood up a treat with most of the chips on that one due to an occasional errant cast into the boulders below the Burdekin Falls Gorge Embarrassed
I think I bought most of them but this is the last I've got. I do remember Greg Schlenker (the manager of Lounds back in those days) might have claimed a couple too.
Featured it in one of my earliest Fish & Boat yarns. Does that help at all?
Lionel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
White Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 2:38pm
I don't remember making that popper.

Are you going to Townsville Marine on Monday nite?

Lionel
eddiefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 2:45pm
No mate.
Evening charter for a couple of old salts who are smart enough to want to keep out of the heat Smile
Never stepped inside the joint but will get there one day. Should be a good turn out if numbers are any indication.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 4:25pm
whoever made it its cool, i like it...nice style to it.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 4:37pm
That is a great little popper! Love it! I might have a go at making something similar one day if you dont mind Eddie and Lionel?
cheers steiny
eddiefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 4:47pm
Not my place to mind mate Big smile but I've never had another come close for ultra light type work. Some of the little Rapalas mostly (but not exclusively) swing from my sweetwater outfits these days but I'd climb all over a popper that turned as many fish as this one. 
Be interested to see your work. 
Lionel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
White Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 4:52pm
No problems with me.........

Lionel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic