LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Araldite ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Araldite ??
    Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 7:57am
I put this question in another section but it was swamped under the Captains new haul.

When I make a lure the last part I set with Araldite is the bib.  And while it is still liquid and movable I swim test it to make sure it is not tracking off line.

Just concerned that the Araldite may be weakened by being dunked, especially if the bib is the tow point.
Anyone had any experience with it causing a problem. I always give it a good shake and leave it in the sun to dry quickly.

Gordon
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:17am
Gordon, I don't think you'll have any problems! Two part epoxys will set underwater any way. What you've been doing should be fine, Just a shake and let them dry... Ian
Fysshe
GBG View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:13am
Thanks Ian, I will do a couple of 'pull' tests as well.

Gordon
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:19am
Yes Gordon, I agree with Ian. I have washed out syringes in warm soapy water, squirting the leftover araldite into the water and it still sets hard even though submerged. I doubt you will have any issues.
Cheers,

Gavin
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 8:31pm
Gordon, have you tried the system that Peter Newell taught me, drawing a centreline on the lure and scribing a centreline on the bib?  It makes lining up the bib very accurate and would overcome having to test lures while the glue is still wet.

Travers
GBG View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:27pm
Thanks Travers I have done that earlier on but now I am finding that I am fitting the bib last thing.

After anchor points, painting and hooks.  I fit and tune with a few styles of bib. Proto types I guess you would say.  If its okay I will make 3 or 4 then move to another shape.

Sounds like it will hold okay.

Thanks, Gordon
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:06pm
I Do the same as trav just wipe the bibs edge up the crack of ya bum early in the night time slide it into bib slot of desire bro leave for 24 hours &&&your awinnerWinkLOLLOLLOLConfusedConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic