LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lure Making Articles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marbling part 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marbling part 2
    Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 12:29pm
This is the fun bit , now the colours I used are just to hi light , use what ever base coat you want , first up I will deal with the blending of colours , so we have all our colours mixed , base colour down , other colours in there pots ready to go , darning needle at hand , this is what I use to put the colours on top of the base colour , as the base colour has just been put on if is still fluid as you will see if you stop it from spinning , [ don't do ] now the amount you put on top of you base colour , lets say black the less yellow you will see , now with you needle just scrap it along the lure and yellow will show , now add another colour , lets say red and do the same thing , now you are starting to build up your patterns , by doing this as soon as you have done your base colour it will blend in a lot more , you will have no control over this , also by adding a little bit of heat it will move the colours around even more , right next bit , we have our base colour down , lets wait a bit [ say 1 1/2 beers , by this time the base and pot coloure have firmed up a bit , you will not get as much mixing of colours and will see a lot more of the yellow base coat , again use you needle to move you colours around , also you can apply a bit of heat to infuse some of the colours , right this is where the sap comes in , as you will see in the photo [ black ]what it does is thicken the mix so you end up with strings of mix that you can wrap around , in the photos of the bib you will see where I have used it , one side is where I used the needle to drag the black towards the front of the lure . now in part 3 I will answer any questions and have details where to get all this stuff .
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic