LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting > Displaying your Lure collection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Displaying your collection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Displaying your collection
    Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:29pm
Something that we haven't finalised as yet, and believe it or not I am happy to have this in our lounge room - when we have a house again. We have an old cedar door from my husband's grandmother's house which has panels in it. Our idea is to remove the panels and replace with glass, put a mounting deep enough underneath to display his lures, attach turned legs, polish and there you have it. Thought is there, supplies and lures are there; travelling Oz in the way. Complementing his old lures with the cedar door from his grandmother's 1920s house seems like a nice mix to us. Something to think about guys - if your wives are open to having lures in the loungeroom!! This project won't be done for quite a few years now, so no pictures, sorry - visualise.Smile
Lindy
Keep'n it reel
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:36pm
Hi Lindy, That would look pretty good sort of a window box effect. It would be nice to see the lures set up that way it would make agood talking Point when yuo're having friends over for coffee.ClapClapClapRegards Pete. P.S. No 1 Post is always the hardestWinkWinkWink
I'd rather be fishing with

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:48pm
Gday Lindy

What a great idea!

hmmm we need a new coffee table, although somehow I doubt I'd get away with that one in the lounge room, your hubby is lucky!

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 12:56pm

LINDYS original post gave me an idea, so I headed to the local demolition yard.

I purchased A very large  old wooden door with glass front, cost $30.
I bought a 6mt length of 35 by 100 treated pine.
Layed the door on my shed floor, measured and cut the pine to make a frame same size as door.

I screwed the frame to my old shed wall, then hinged the door to the frame!
Inside I screwed lengths of thin silver chain across sideways to hang lures from, and a couple of
shelves from old floor boards, to put old lures tackle etc on.

The end result looks great and only sticks out from the wall 100mm, I lost no room in my shed, all my lures are on display, and since my shed is my bar entertaining area, it adds a  great visual and conversation piece.
I put a lock on the door, so for the total cost of 50 BUCKS , I have a very impressive show case that takes up no room at all.
Will post photos soon so it will help with anyone interested getting a better idea of what ive done.

Another alternative, even inside your house, would be to use old silky oak windows,(THE ONES THAT OPEN OUT FROM INSIDE)sand them back, oil them make a frame for your wall, looks great and not expensive. Even if you can only find the ones with the opaque glass, its not expensive to order clear glass cut to size, and fit it yourself. If you consider the cost its cheaper than a display cabinet and takes up no floor space
NICHO
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:42pm
Thanks Nicho,

What a fantastic idea! The space saving side of it is very clever Clap

I look forward to seeing the photo's, and Thanks again to Lindy for sharing your inspiration!

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 3:08pm
Nicho love the idea,good work.
The Journey is the Reward

tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 4:36pm
Good stuff Jas, Now you've got me going I was wondering what I was goig to do with a spare wall in my workshop. Something like that would go down well and as you said it won't take up much room.ClapClapClapClapClap Regards Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 5:30pm
Post up a pic when time permits Jason
cheers
wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 5:38pm
Great idea Lindy
Tagged and released
Lindy View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 5:38pm
Hi Guys, in Kalbarri at the moment. Glad to here my idea was useful and grew into something else. Fishing net would be another one you could use, hang from rafters with lures hung off it or over an old wooden ladder!! For the barmen, glass top bar with sliding shelf under glass. Sliders can be found at Bunnings or put a glass panel in the front of your bar with either small shelving at an angle to show off your lures or hang them as in a picture frame. As for my coffee table, I have seen plastic stands for lures and I think that will be the go for me, a 3D effect.
Lindy
Keep'n it reel
Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 5:55pm
Hi Lindy
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your lures displays.
cheers
wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:58pm
Lindy, don't waste a good cedar door, cut it up and make lures out of it..Nev
mearzie View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mearzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 7:49am

great idea i cant wait to get a better set up than the few tackle boxes my lures are in at the moment im envious

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic