Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Old Man
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some prototype and one-off Old Man Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some prototype and one-off Old Man Lures
    Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 1:05pm
I got a very nice surprise when I met up with Jeff Adams after purchasing the bits and pieces used to make the Old Man Lures models.

Jeff had mentioned to me ages ago that there were some very unique Old Man Lures still hidden in a tacklebox or two, and now he tells me he's managed to track them down Big smile

I'll revisit this topic later on if any are interested in knowing some more detail on these, I thought I'd at least get a quick snapshot of them up for now while I have a chance.

There's a mixture in these photo's of lures that are prototypes, first ever production models, and one-off custom lures Bob built for himself and his sons based on popular designs at the time (eg Newell Scorpion, Nilsies etc, and experimenting with different styles like the fizzers with handmade blades)

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 1:09pm
Hi tony,there are certainly some very nice lures there,those ones in the clip seal bags look like they would be great barra lures.steven
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 2:05pm
Good score Tony!
cheers steiny
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 3:29pm
VERY COOL nice fizzersClapClapClapBig smileregards bob
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 5:09pm
Thanks guys, when I finally got a chance to play in the lure room today I knew I had to get these out Big smile

Originally posted by reelsandlures63 reelsandlures63 wrote:

Hi tony,there are certainly some very nice lures there,those ones in the clip seal bags look like they would be great barra lures.steven

Hi Steven,

Jeff mentioned that those ones were amongst the first ever production one's sold. They're still in the same packets Bob used to sell them in.

I think they look like a nice Barra lure too. Smile They are very similar to the later version (flat keel etc.) although a lot wider in the "shoulder" (i.e. more rounded)

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 7:45pm
WOW what great lures, if any spare superdonger blanks would be interested

regards George
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 2:39am
Nice lot there Tony
The prawn type in the bottom pic looks good , have you had a chance to test it yet? 
Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic