LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

airbrushes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:03pm
Hi fletch
My uncle has been a spray painter doing council and safety signs for himself for years and when I asked him what he used he said he made his own from useing a old fridge motor and his old tank from something else in his shed but he mainly did it as it is quiet and reliable and works and he has had it for years.

Just an idea for you if you know someone good at making a set up for you   

To tell you the truth it went strait over my head as I was more interested in the steak I was chewing on at the time but it my give you an idea

Cheers Rick
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:18pm
I think Piatu on here had the same idea some time ago Rick,he posted up pics of it too if I remember right .just not sure where
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:16pm
Cheers Rick . Will look for piatu post now .... The iwatas turned up today ended up grabbing 3 of those neo ones @ $62 each and an eclipse was more ... Think I will get back on there as the post and service was brilliant and chase up a different model ... Cheers Aaron
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by fletch fletch wrote:

Cheers Rick . Will look for piatu post now .... The iwatas turned up today ended up grabbing 3 of those neo ones @ $62 each and an eclipse was more ... Think I will get back on there as the post and service was brilliant and chase up a different model ... Cheers Aaron
Grab an RG-3 Aaron, best all rounder ever made, sign your name and then open it up to a spray around 50 mm wide Wink, undercoat, base colours and clear coats all it's stride, but pay extra and get the stainless cup version. I had the alloy cup model, dropped it and paint constantly leaks out of the lid Angry. I am a trigger man so my little Iwata is a Kustom HP-TH in 0.5mm, Cheers Paul.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

I think Piatu on here had the same idea some time ago Rick,he posted up pics of it too if I remember right .just not sure where

Here it is guys close to the bottom of first page , thanks Chris
I'm sure you could get a really good one made up fletch and be as quiet as a mouse

http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/decanting-paint-from-a-can-to-use-in-an-airbrush_topic2340.html?KW=Air

Rick
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 12:41am
I ended up in the local paint shop where I get all my paint and hes shutting down .....top bloke will miss that shop...... I said what you doing . told me hes had enough and his brother will turn it into a tackle and boat place ....so I hit him up over an airbrush he then asked would you like a deal .. so I picked this up for $680.00 . could not walk out without it ..iwatas HP-TH and HP-C.. he threw in some other stuff that's not in photo . will go back Monday I think and sus out some other stuff .....now just need one more touch up gun now and im done I hope . but now  to get all these bodies ive been doing ready for paint ....bloody hundreds there ......cheers aaron
dishley View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 11:32am
Looks like you scored a great deal! Looking forward to seeing what you can do with all these new toys.
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 10:09pm
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:36am
that is great pete . i have a little compressor i could try that on ... cheers aaron
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:39am
Good score fletch the DNA colors are very nice
Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:47pm
well i thought it would never happen
this is my china air gun from Sydney, three needles hose ect $46 delivered

ordered some paint will take about two weeks,,, and then better get some practice

regards George

seagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:02pm
Well done George by the look of it youve got the BUG aswell Clap

Cheerz Errol
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:16pm
Rick keen to give them ago those are the marbling ones .. Going in blind with these ... George no stopping you now will send you blanks and you can paint your own colors .. I reckon your misses car might need some bonnet art or some eyes done around the headlights .. Get out there ... Cheers Aaron
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 1:38am
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/athelstone/miscellaneous-goods/dental-silent-air-compressor-38l-very-quiet-laboratory-dentist/1017730286

Above is a good compressor for the quietness of using in inside or under the house.
Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic