LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Leads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My first Leads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first Leads
    Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 12:58pm
Hi there,

There are many good reasons to add a fishing lure to one’s collection.
It can be because the lure is rare, because it is a really good fishing lure, because it has a story attached to it or because it is a present from a good mate.

Well this lure is ticking the right case in about all of the above…
The lure is a Leads Lures, handmade in Queensland, Australia, by Terry Leadbeater. And yes it is made of timber. People, who love fishing lures, know both, how good these are at catching fish, and how hard it is to find them in the Territory. Despite still being produced today.

My first Leads Lures.

This lure has a story too.
Jason bought the lure around 1997, just north of Cairns.
Then went fishing land based from the rocks, when on his second cast…
Hooked and landed, his first ever meter plus Barramundi on this very lure!

The metery catcher.

Many keen anglers would keep the lure that caught them their first Barra over a meter long as a precious relic.  Some would even send it straight to the poolroom. But no, not him, who one day gave me a call saying: I am cleaning the shed, come around with a plastic bag, I have a few lures for you… And there I got my first two Leads (among many other lures); this was one of them.
For someone like me, still dreaming of catching my first metery. It made me wonder what I would do with the lure that will on day, help me to do it…

But more importantly you might have now guessed it, this was a present from a good friend, and this, makes the lure even more special to me.
Thanks mate.

I wanted to add a Leads Lures to my collection for so long.
Look at how beautiful it is:

Lure portrait.

Thanks again mate, that is a very nice present.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic