LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD & Fishing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 3:48pm
The boys tell me that the pump ran for about an hour and a half, this morning, and they now have their heads out of water.  The pump was noisy, but Gary said that was beneficial because they couldn't hear Brett sledging them from his casting platform LOL

I'll head in and check that they've been working hard and earning their keep.  Not sure what to expect when they get paid zip, zilch, nothing, jack squat! Confused  The report is that sales are slow, so I'm not sure if the boys have been a bit slack and not clapping at Thommo's sick 'one-liners' (Brett does his best to 'talk us up') or the crowds have found it hard to get through the deep water and mud.

Apparently, Munro took a punt on the weather and visited the boys.  Chalked up 1 LL's member for 2013.  looking forward to catching up with a few more.

Cheers

Travers
munro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 5:31pm
Yes, was there for half a day with my daughter

Not as wet as i expected still a bit of water though.

They call it boating camping and fishing show yet there were only two stores there for fishing and both were run by lure lover members,keep up the good work boys.
Was not much people there today being friday and rain i think it would more then double twomorrow.

Get ready boys you will need a ticket machine like at coles and rava could yell out "73 ............73............ Your next" that would be good

All the best boys for the weekend and glad to have meet use.

Munro
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 1:58pm
NO RAIN today boysClapClapClapClapClapClapregards bob
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 2:18pm
It rained a coupla times before you looked outside, BOB.
Was out with some of the Boyz, tryin to drown some Yabbys n Worms.
6lb Carp for Zac, 6lb Carp for Joey, a 20cm Bream and an Eel for me.
We were rained on.
Them pumps are very important, the infield of the show ground is only 1M above the flood plain, the outer grounds are lower.
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 6:45pm
Good day no rain and saito turned up with his chilli pork rolls for us all ClapClapClapClapClapClap they were just sensational !!!!!! thanks heaps James OhYeah
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 6:59pm
Not a problem Gary, always enjoy seeing you guys and having a chat!
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by RAVA RAVA wrote:

Good day no rain and saito turned up with his chilli pork rolls for us all ClapClapClapClapClapClap they were just sensational !!!!!! thanks heaps James OhYeah

Yep, those Chilli Pork Rolls were fantastic  Thumbs Up.  Thanks James and thanks for propping up the lure sales Big smile.

The sun came out today, the crowds were good, but sales were slow.  Hopefully, a few fishermen turn up tomorrow.

Beer

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 7:54pm
Beautiful sunny day, today, but sales for the 3 days were the worst in the 15-16 years that I've been selling my lures at the 4WD Show.

Not sure why but maybe money is a bit tight at the moment, with the downturn in the mining industry.  Probably just a lack of serious fishermen, with mainly families looking at caravans, campervans and 4WD stuff.

All was not lost.  I had great company, with RAVA and SNAFU in the 'shack' and Thomo entertaining us with his sick jokes and one-liners. I don't know how his missus puts up with him LOL.  Also met Mencho today.

With so many lures left over, I won't have to carve any for a while.  Hopefully, that means that I can go fishing! Big smile  Sometime this week, I'll take some photos of the remaing lures and see if anyone is interested.

Thanks to Gary, in Dave's absence, for filling us full of healthy food  -  Apple Turnovers and Bacon & Egg rolls.

Cheers

Travers
Paul G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 8:40pm
Hey Travers,
Great to finally catch up! I was back there today doing a bit of re-con for a camper, you looked a bit busier than yesturday!

I will grab a couple more of your left overs for sure.

Cheers,
Paul
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 9:22pm
Yep sales down for me also, so I will not have to make blades for some time but I had a great time as usual Thumbs Up great company and good banter LOL all in all another fun three days Big smile so thanks guys and gal ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 11:09am
Travers, 15 or 16yrs., maybe the locals are all lured out? Confused Put a few up on here see how you go, be interested in a few of the models I don't have.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
justlooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 8:58pm
We had a great time at the show !!!!
thanks again to the guys for looking after me and the Misses
over the weekend.
Hope the roses helped put a smile on your wife's face Travis,
I would love to hear the line you gave her !!!!
Go early - Stay late.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by justlooking justlooking wrote:

We had a great time at the show !!!!
thanks again to the guys for looking after me and the Misses
over the weekend.
Hope the roses helped put a smile on your wife's face Travis,
I would love to hear the line you gave her !!!!

Was good to catch up, Brett.  Apparently, the Roses only weave their magic once Wink, so I missed out!LOL
andrewparr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 5:00pm
If you remind me next year I'll make up some posters and put them around the shopping centre, I'm sure plenty of people were just scared off by the weather but that might help.
A rod in one hand, a beer in the other. In an imperfect world, there are still perfect moments.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic