LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Ollies Stingrays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cic-em Rex

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cic-em Rex
    Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 9:01am
I couldn't pass Ollie's stall at the recent Lure Expo without adding a couple more of his masterpieces to my collection. After checking out his fabulous array I finally settled on a pair of his "Cic-ems" which had caught my eye. It was also my great pleasure to meet Ollie face to face for the first time.

Later, it came as no surprise to me when I learned that Ollie had picked up the "Most Artistic Lure" Award for Fernvale 2013. He has such talent and thoroughly deserves this recognition.

Congratulations and well done Ollie,
Col

edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 5:36pm
Thanks for the kind words Col, was an absolute pleasure meeting you and others which are like minded having appreciation for lures/collecting/fishing etc. Great being part of the Lure Expo with so many talented lure makers. And thank you for the printed Mug, love it.
Mentioned to a few people at the Expo how the name 'Cic-em' came about. When I first started making them I named them Ollie's 'C' (short for Cicada) when I was fortunate enough Carl Grist had contacted me and suggested 'Cic-em' after taking his dog for a walk, so I really liked it and it sounded like a go getter lure, which it has been from the little 50mm catching Bream and whiting to the 65mm catching Bass and Cod and the larger 90mm catching Barra. Since I first started making I have fine tuned them and I'm really happy with them now. Love surface lure fishing. 
Thank you again Carl, hope all is well and the royalties are on their wayWink

Cheers
Ollie
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 5:45pm
Ollie is an inspiration to hackers like me, col they are awesome lures mate, your lucky to have got them, I missed seeing those somehow....I think looking in ollies display was just mind blowing, it was hard to focus on just one thing... the eyes were constantly drawn to another masterpiece.
And as you say, a well deserved winner for the artistic lure sectionClap and not a bad bloke either.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 2:02pm
Thanks Jason, nothing wrong with your lures, have character and they catch plenty of fish can't asked for any more.

Ol
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 3:18pm
Yes I stood at Ollie`s stand & was blown away,,,his shapes & painting skills are up there with the best in the country...the squids that he had were the best I have ever seen.....I stood there for 10 minutes trying to pick some out for my growing collection to be told he has sold out already,,,yeh not surprised was I at all....Ollie you better make some more squids for us all....hey you need a shirt for your business.....a Stingray shirt.....yes that was a great idea by me,,,,Gary CFSA
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 6:14pm
Ollie, could you post up a few photos of more of your paddlers please, wanting a couple more....mick
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 10:43am
Hi Mick, just finishing some more Cic-ems will post pics when I have them done
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 11:39am
Congradulations on the Most Artistic award Ollie.
It couldn't have went to a more deserving lad.                  Artistic

I have a few of Ollie's Cic-ems and they are great.

Wish I could have been at the expo.

The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 1:25pm
you were there Verlon,well at least three Circle V's with bites were Wink.
I know why people miss certain lures at Ollies display,the great explosion of wild and beautiful colors is just dazzling a psychadelic blowoutCoolClap

fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 1:50pm
look at that ... gold .....send them my way ..... cheers aaron
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:14pm
Thanks Verlon, I think a few of us wished you could have been at the Expo but as Chris mentioned you were there in spirit by the Fish skin bite backs. Fantastic lure thanks again.
Ollie
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:05pm
Like Gary, I just stood there drooling at Laurie's stand only to be told that 90% of it was soldCry. But the cic-em I got will be used heavily come the next bass seasonThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:55am
Missed this somehow...AWSOME lures there Ollie,just love the CIC-EM's...well done Cool

Mick!!!
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:42am
I was fortunate to share a stand with with this master lure carver Artistic, Ollie had to keep wiping the top of his display as people were just drooling all over it 59, it was just an honor to be there with him OhYeah awesome display of your craftsmanship mate ClapClapClapClapClap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

you were there Verlon,well at least three Circle V's with bites were Wink.
I know why people miss certain lures at Ollies display,the great explosion of wild and beautiful colors is just dazzling a psychadelic blowoutCoolClap

Yes Chris, they are dazzling and I have a few of most in this picture.
The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:59pm
Thanks Martin, Mick and Gary, means a lot coming from you Gary as you've have been making lures before I was born, sorry mate didn't mean to make you feel oldSmileSmile

Was an absolute pleasure having you at the stand Gary, would have been lost without your help putting hooks on lures etc, that reminds me I must get those split ring pliers you recommended.

Ollie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic