LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Tackle discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TACKLE BOXs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TACKLE BOXs
    Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 2:05pm
TACKLE boxs or tackle bags whats the best or you fav ????????????????i run a bag with 6to 7 plastic boxs for FLYs& soft plastics  & 3 larger 4 draw planos & one half the size as the biggerboxs 4 hard luresWinkBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 3:16pm
I got an old bedroom cupboard...6 drawer twin door ...bolted onto a fridge trolley.....lower the pressure in the tires for the beach trips and off ya go.....powered by an old simpson twin tub washer motor..chain driven to both wheels...rod holders on the side....closet section has a whirlpool box freezer for ice...bait n beer......works for me
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Baroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 3:29pm
Pictures,please Jas.
Regards,

Marc - STDZ Lures - Catch fish,fish a STDZ instead.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 3:48pm
Post up soon marc..... unfortunately ive got it locked away in my 13B bridgeport rotary powered 4 door 1970s woodgrain laminated collectors sideboard i use to cart my reels around in.....cant find the key.

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:19pm
WHAT mags ya got on that eltonLOLLOLLOLBig smileBig smile
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:31pm
Jellybean mags......what do you reckon...dumb question robert

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:34pm
WHAT colour jelly bean i like the red one meselfLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:39pm
Stop being stupid bob cant you ever be serious....they are polished alloy with gold dots....the left one has a bottle opener welded to inner rim.

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:11pm
MEE CUZ never see the bob in a green thangLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClapClap
frenchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:29pm
Bob
Mate I have a shimano Banar waterproof bag and fill it with trays of lures that suit where I'm going.
All my lures are in the garage hanging on the wall on sheets of ply and i only take what I am going to
use in that river system. When we get home we wash and hang the lures back up and save the rusting hook problem.

frenchy
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:36pm
LOLLOLLOL you clownsLOLLOLLOL

I bought 3 Aldi tackle bags about 5 years ago. They came with 4 large single tray tackle boxes - worm proof, 3 meshed pockets - one on each end and one at the back and very strong zips that only need a spray of WD40 every now and again, all for about $30(?). Aldi stock them 2 or 3 times a year and are much cheaper then anybody else's tackle bags.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:49pm
Large plastic boxes range from $11-00 to $15-00' in the large dept stores.
 Bought 3 for $10-00, boat show at Brisbane March.
Today visited  Reject shop, large plastic boxes with partitions and ruler imprinted on cover $5-00 each.

Regards John

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

I bought 3 Aldi tackle bags about 5 years ago. They came with 4 large single tray tackle boxes - worm proof, 3 meshed pockets - one on each end and one at the back and very strong zips that only need a spray of WD40 every now and again, all for about $30(?). Aldi stock them 2 or 3 times a year and are much cheaper then anybody else's tackle bags.

LOL with all the ridiculous serious stuff on here lately we thought we would lighten it up a bit.Wink

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:34pm
FRENCHY i should hang it all on the wall but i do wash em after i fishWinkWinkClapClapregards bob
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 8:12pm
MAL VADER & TRIBE, use Daniels old School Bag.
It's a Backpack of questionable age and origin, and is Cammo Coloured.
Two Lure Boxes, 360x220mm & 270x170mm for Divers, Sliders, Poppers & Spinner Baits.
Daniels old School Lunchbox for Surface Walkers.
These are in the main body of the Backpack.
The Front Pocket contains Rubber/Plastic Tails.
This leaves heaps of room for Torch, Spare Line & Leader Material.
Also have a Plano Guide Series, which currently holds our Bait Fishing Terminals, Fly Box, Utensils, etc.
The top section (clear lid) contains Jig Heads, Loose Softies, Spoons, Slices, Vibes & Boat Bungs.
The Plano was donated by BOB after the fire, the larger box was donated by Dishley and the smaller box was donated by Lofty.
Thanx again Fellas, the Boys and I really appreciate all your help.
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 8:27pm
Jeez I though I was the only one with a cupboard full of tackle trays LOL
last count there was 12 with hard body, 5 with metals, 10 with soft plastics, 3 with jigheads....a large  20 pocket S/bait pouch, 2 with various hooks and sinkers, a 6 spot leader box and a large w/proof tray with scents and dyes.

I use a couple of soft bags, actually one is a small cooler bag that fits 5 x Plano 3700s nicely and the other is a Jarvis walker JUMBO cooler that takes 9 x Plano 4700s plus all the extra bits like pliers, leader box etc in the side pockets.

Depending on the outing I choose what ever lure trays I reckon will fit the bill and load em up in the bags.

I only have 1 hard tackle box, bought for me as a fathers day present, that I keep for my own lures in transit for testing in a friends pool.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 8:47pm
On foot or in the yak , one small bag with a small single clear box , 6-8 lures.

ln boat , 1-2 single clear boxes , 10-20 lures.

Home , broccoli boxes x 3 [hanging] , and various shoeboxes and scattered in places specifically designed to cause maximum inconvenience and difficulty in finding....LOL

Barney.
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 8:55pm
Brad has a FRIEND!(with a pool) LOLLOLLOL
DARK LORD
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 12:00am
Actually she is technically my wife's friend, but she is a lot closer than my one and only TRUE FRIEND who has a large dam but is a little too far away for a quick test swim of lures. Everyone else I know is an acquaintance or colleague. TRUE FRIENDSHIP is too precious to waste Wink

LONG MAY THE LIGHT SIDE RULE
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 9:58am
I have the soft bags with tackle trays and tackle boxes with tackle trays but my favourites are still the older US made Plano hard plastic boxes. Before we became pre-occupied with airline safety you used to be able to take your tackle box on a plane with you as hand luggage. I took an old 747 loaded with lures and all manner of tackle to Lord Howe. It must have weighted a ton and would have really made the metal detectors scream with hooks, knives and assorted gear for the week. I also have a 767, a two sidedfolding box that I use for my bass lures and a 777 that I reserve for trout lures. When I saw those American tackle boxes that Fysche put up in another post looking for contemporary lures it made me value the old Plano boxes a little more. Plano still use a similar numbering system for their different models but the quality of the moulding is nowhere near the same. Regards, Ken.
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by barneyminno barneyminno wrote:

On foot or in the yak , one small bag with a small single clear box , 6-8 lures.

ln boat , 1-2 single clear boxes , 10-20 lures.

Home , broccoli boxes x 3 [hanging] , and various shoeboxes and scattered in places specifically designed to cause maximum inconvenience and difficulty in finding....LOL

Barney.
Im the same at home, some on the dressing table, wife hates them there. Some in shoe boxs in my cupboard, some in wardrobe in a plano 4 tray, loose tackle boxs in same place, loose lures scattered all over my shed, including the ones im looking for and cant find, some in the kitchen, on the bench, some in the shed that I know where abouts, (dont need them, not looking for them) some in my car under the seaT IN A SMALL CLEAR TRAY, WITH MY 5 PC NITRO ROD AND  a curado E7, just in case i drive over a bridge or past somewhere that I must Stop,Revive,Survive. And some that ive forgotten about, cant find and have no idea where they are.
(edit) actually, they are probably in a box , in the console of my boat.....
(edit....again) Nup, not there, but I did find a tray of plastics, and some mackeral lures that Id forgotten about!
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Darby Darby wrote:

Actually she is technically my wife's friend, but she is a lot closer than my one and only TRUE FRIEND who has a large dam but is a little too far away for a quick test swim of lures. Everyone else I know is an acquaintance or colleague. TRUE FRIENDSHIP is too precious to waste Wink

LONG MAY THE LIGHT SIDE RULE

Anyway, like Darcy said, the other day, to me,,,,,,, in the Creek or a Dam, once they've dived out of sight, there's no real telling how deep they can reach. In a pool you can guage depth.
Accuracy and Clarity are related like this.

True Friendship! = BOB & I!!! HugHandshakeCool
In the face of adversity, The DARK SIDE, stand united, against all Foes!
TO ANY END!!!

DARK LORD
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 11:08pm
Live In Fear , The Light Force , Your time is near Dark Lord ,you will kneel before me .ShockedShockedShockedShockedClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
Montah Steel View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member
Hobbled Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montah Steel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:14am
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

i did exactly the same lol.
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 8:47pm
I seem to have amassed a whole bunch of tackle bags, boxes, pouches and "wardrobes" over the years. Going back to the beginning I have one of the original Daiwa Lunker Boxes, I even have the cardboard sleeve it came in. I have some Plano Black Phantoms, A Plano Under & Over, a Plano Wardrobe like Black Phantom box. The there is a Frabil box, several Plano drawer style boxes, a couple of Plano cantilever boxes and some Plano boxes where utility boxes slide in. I currently use a Plano Pro-Guide box when I go fishing.< ="" id="triggerLogout">< ="" id="signupTrigger">

I also have a bunch of spinner bait, spinner & spoon wallets. Then there are Plano & Rapala soft sided bags.......

What can I say? I have a problem.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 10:35pm
I thought I'd describe Brian's tackle storage. For the Dam he grabs his rectangle shaped baby nappy bucket (which shocked me today to work out that it was 26 year old),which has evenly spaced holes drills around the rim for lure placement. A Blue capstan tobacco tin with nylon leaders and coastlock snapswivels and fish grippers and tackleback thrown in the base. Let's face it, it's easy to grab and hopefully return it to it's rightful place afterwards.
For the river a clear plastic tray with only a couple of surface lures and his favourites.
For my fishing, I have heaps of choice as I pass thru my shop counter and put them in Brian's bucket when I finish. Well I have to try new lures don't I.  Debbie D 
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 8:33am
Come on don't feel sorry for Brian as it is his choice for lure storage. Brian is a lure user and even though he has quality rods and reels the rest of his gear is not precious to him. He is a believer in sparkly nailpolish to decorate his lures. They do the job though.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:15am
WE may have to pimp a large bucket for him?LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapregards bob
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:21am
A pic of the bucket and box would be good Deb....and the lures too!
cheers steiny
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 11:04am
I've got everything.  Several 'tackle bags' - that hold 4-5 of the big trays plus pockets for leaders, placcies, whatever else. A couple of big plano hard boxes.  Bum bags and fly vests (though no flies - I like them for wading flats particularly holding small surface lures for estuary species.) and loads of odd plastic trays.
For sorting and storing and fishing with a crapload of bream and bass lures - this is all excellent.

But now, I'm looking towards how I can pack a bunch of large heavy lures in to these made to purpose build 'lure boxes' - and I keep coming up with the same answer.  My tackle boxes are going to severely limit how much actual tackle I can take. Seriously - with the 6" lures I'm looking at - it's going to end up being 4-5 lures per box? And the box weighs as much as a big lure.
I think I'm going to end up going to the $2 shop and buying some school lunch boxes and use those?  Has anyone got any tips on boxes that are great for taking a good number big lures that are easy to 'pack' (I love a good bit of tetris...)
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:54pm
DUCKS just a heads up SUPER cheap auto sell a very large comparment clear box which is deep&made for bigger minnows only $14 abox have a lookWinkWinkWinkWinkTongueTongueregards bob
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 4:10pm
Cheers Bob - I want to go Supercheap to get a couple more paint colours and a couple of hose connectors.  More reason to make the trip now. (More money to spend)
I had settled on a couple of 2litre 'clip it' boxes from Woollies.
They hold a heap of the big lures - but getting what you want out of them is a pain.

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 4:39pm
THE ones at super cheap are alright when i seen the there was 15/20 of them on the self went back the next day too grab a few & goneski so the popularWinkTongueTongueTongueTongueregards bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic