LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Whitmore
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whitmore Cray's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YOUNGGUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whitmore Cray's
    Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 12:16am
Here are a couple of Whitmore cray's the black and red shallow diver has a rattle and when Ray first used it at the Windamere Golden Classic he won $1000 in the dash for cash, he gave me the lure and the following year I won $500 in the dash for cash.The second deep cray also has a rattle in it.
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 12:22am
Hi Todd, Nice Crays, Did Ray ever sell the Business or was he the original owner???...ConfusedConfused..Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

YOUNGGUN View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YOUNGGUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 12:35am
Ray was the orignal owner and designed alot of lures that never made the market Im not sure what or how it come about but Paul started up Deception Lures and Ray stopped making the shrimps but decided to make other styles and called them Whitmores.

Ray also made marlin lures (skirted pushers) when I was a young whipper snapper and also made a range of baltic minnows without the resin on the outside and half x quarters and stuff similar to Jensen Pirks for throwing off the rocks. He just loved making lures he could catch fish on.
Alot of the one offs I have he basically caught a fish on it and gave it to me or dad.
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 1:17am
The rattling one is a different variation and has a great story with it, thanks for sharing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic