LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > ACT Lures > DKW
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blankty Blank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blankty Blank
    Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 10:42am
Has anyone got the origins/history or any guff on DKW lures.????

My one and only

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 12:18pm
I had a heap of these a mate gave me 15odd years ago they worked well on the bass n yellas i had the soft body and the hard body and some really small one with tiny dolls eyes. hope this helps ps they were  under the name AGRESSORS i thinkSmile
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 12:32pm
DKW stands for DARREN KERRY WHITE and started making lures in Canberra around 13 years ago.Came to town 3 years ago and opened a tackle shop then went bust in 6 months as wouldnt restock and eventually customers stopped coming in.I know this because i was working behind the counter and serving customers.When the shop opened he had around 100 tidlers that he made himself and thats all.Also seen him make some new model moulds but went bust and didnt use them.TIdlers are the small dolls eye lure that were used for trout.
THE CODFATHER
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 12:50pm
Thanks for that - Doing up a profile of sorts on each maker...

Yep I am a bit anal..

wadeyConfused
JKR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by jaybonnie jaybonnie wrote:

DKW stands for DARREN KERRY WHITE and started making lures in Canberra around 13 years ago.Came to town 3 years ago and opened a tackle shop then went bust in 6 months as wouldnt restock and eventually customers stopped coming in.I know this because i was working behind the counter and serving customers.When the shop opened he had around 100 tidlers that he made himself and thats all.Also seen him make some new model moulds but went bust and didnt use them.TIdlers are the small dolls eye lure that were used for trout.

Was that the little shop in Fyshwick, with the little fish tank as a demo/swim tank?

I bought a bunch of DKWs from there and was given a stack of them too. Still got a few and occasionally they get a run in Eucumbene or Jindabyne. They catch fish, but probably no more or no less than a bunch of other micro minnows. Something different though, and they work well dead slow too and that's a point of difference.

If I recall the story correctly, a bloke I know had a friend travelling Europe and the friend sent him a lure he'd picked up in Italy called a Signori or something like that. Anyway, my mate was using it at Googong with great effect for large trout. My mate met Darren (or his father, it could have been) and gave him the lure to copy, and soon after the Tidlers were getting produced.

I wasn't involved in the conversation, but I had it relayed to me and I saw the Signori while it was still brand new. The Signori and the smaller Tidlers looked the same to me, so that could be the history behind the lure design.

Did a quick Google but couldn't find a Signori pic to compare.

Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:42pm
U might need some cream for that Wadey   Cheers Dave LOL
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:47pm
Thumbs Up..Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic