LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > Finnish Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

collector spearheads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: collector spearheads
    Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:49pm
I was given a pair of spearheads that have a very interesting story attached to there history.....They are both in green backs over yellow bellies,copper cheeks and silver sparkle dots all over them.the very bottom of the belly has a orange stripe over the yellow and the hooks tow points eminate out of said orange stripe. The lures were brought over by a Nilsmaster representive in 1998 and given to a gentleman to fish with them for that years "Barra Classic",.....The lures have a autographed name in silver paint over the orange belly stripe that is hard to read but I've been told its the signature of the Nilmaster owner who flew out here for a visit in Darwin in that year. From what I can make out the signature goes like this; Kau? Kamgom? like I said very hard to decipher. Is there any body out there who can shed more light on this signature and lures? Any information would be appreciated......regards B.J.
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:39pm
Dr Google says Hannu Kangas and Kalevi Kangas and Finlandia Uistin were the owners
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:19pm
ahh but the finnish wiki says
Finlandia Uistimen perustivat Hannu ja Kalevi Kangas Kalkkisiin 1963

translated by BING as

Finlandia Lure was founded by John and Linda K Kalkkisiin , 1963

Brian, I reckon its signed by Hannu. Nice peice of Aussie fishing history, The Aust market was good for Nilsmaster.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Maxblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 3:53pm

Kalkkinen is the small town where the factory is located ,

i collect spearheads so any chance we can see pics of the lures ? i assume in 1998 they are the newer style bibbed spearies

Cheers Thore
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:09pm
sorry for the long delay with my answer but I've been away fishing.....no the first name definitely starts with a k and max send me your mailing address so I can send you some enlarged close up shots of lures/signatures but one thing I just noticed concerning bibs mate....All my other spearheads do not have a slot cut into bib like these two do under the chin.....the slot sits near the chin at the top of the bib.....regards B.J.
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:13pm
I yeah the last name is definitely Kangas but the first name starts with a Kaur?
Maxblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:16pm
slot in bib is newer type ,post a pic if you can  
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:22pm
Max that was quick mate, I'm the worst person to ask about posting pictures but yeah will get onto it,will seek help from friends to post for you ok?.....regards B.J.
Maxblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 5:45am

its easy ,send pic to my @ then i buy em and post here  Wink,,   true   

doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 9:33pm
ok p.m. me your address and we'll do it your way......regards Wink
Maxblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 6:03pm
Hi all,

B.J. was so kind and sent me pics of the lures ,so here they are
Nice ones !

Cheers Thore

Digitalis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digitalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 6:53pm
Very special, I take it they didn't get fished at the classic! Kind of a shame,
But then they are very special!
Matt.
It's only a stick untill it has TEETH MARKS in it!!!
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 1:04pm
Thanks for posting the pictures up Thore......I'm glad you like them mate but I reckon they are going to stay in Oz mate......regards B.J.
Balls View Drop Down

Scurvy Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 9:52am
G'day Doccod

I will have a yak to a few of the guys I have fished the Classic with over the years. I fished the year the Nilsmaster owner fished the comp with a local & off memory it would have been around that time frame & it was at the Daly, if I can find out the info I will pass it on, won't be for a couple of weeks as I am out electro fishing on & off for a couple more weeks, cheers Balls.
Scurvy Dog
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 1:03pm
Yeah thanks mate but I know there history the original owner of these lures has passed away and headed off Barra fishing in the great blue yonder in heaven,but before he died he passed them onto a great mate of mine who also fished that year......I think there a great tribute to the barra lures/fishers of a ageing past before Australian lures became a dominant force in Barra circles......regards B.J.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic