LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting > Displaying your Lure collection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lure Room begins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lure Room begins
    Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 12:06am
Well with eldest son now out and finding his way in the world, his cave is empty, and I thought ...YEAH!!!..Lure room, finally be able to get all those lures out of storage boxes and displayed Clap

Too slow old man, the youngest decided it was HIS play room for the Xbox, Computer desk and room for mates to sleep over Ouch bugger.

Then I thought, AHHHHH if I move all the house crap still in moving boxes in to the back of the 'play room' then I can make the former storage alcove in to my Lure Room Thumbs Up It's not as expansive as Brolly's Lure Chapel, or as busy as Cap'ns Fishing Museum, but it should look OK when finished (is there such a state Confused)
Anyway managed to move the cabinets in, get some timber strips on the wall to hang lures off, and mount some other frames for more lures and hang some of the shadow boxes.

Here's what you see on approach from garage entry

and as you turn to enter...I will be adding a door here, now that cabinets are in.

and directly to the right as you enter, the shadow box displays and Australia spoon rack

the ones on the ground are yet to be hung.

turning to the left here is what you see down the room

pardon the clutter, but the lures need unpacking somewhere Big smile
This is the wall to the left as you walk down the room

Still another strip to go on the bottom yet when clutter reduces

First Cabinet you come to

This one will predominantly be North Coast NSW and New England makers
and finally the double door cabinet at the far end

some of these groups may move, or may stay.....so many lures...so little roomConfused and still 12 storage boxes to go Embarrassed

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

bkool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 1:05am
Nice wallpaper in pic 3.
BKOOL
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 6:42am

Looking good Brad.

i see some very lovely lures already in your collection.
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 7:49am
Looking good Brad , some where to sit and leave the troubles of the world behind . Thumbs Up
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 8:15am
IS THAT ALL?TongueTongueTongueTongue......MICK
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 8:28am
A great start Brad.As time goes on your space should develop into a very nice little alcove and who knows maybe another sibling will vacate and whoaaaaaaaaaaa look out.
The Journey is the Reward

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 8:58am
Well done Brad....very happy for you. Something like that is never complete!
cheers steiny
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:43pm
nice to see some of your collection at last mate.i remember you putting up pictures of  white plastic containers containing your collection a few years back.this is much much betterThumbs Up
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 4:10pm
Well done on securing some real estate Brad - it gets easier from there on! Big smile

Your display is looking really good Clap
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 5:04pm
LOOKING good brad wheres the cigar loungeClapClapClapClapClapWinkregards bob
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 5:22pm
Bob, No internal cigar lounge I am sorry, one of the hassles with renting.
Bkool, Same with wallpaper and picture hook positions, have to work with what is there, no additions.
At least I can bang nails/screws into the mdf wall on the left, that bit is my 'partition' to close the boy cave in. The wall is a slam fit between the upstairs floor beams and the concrete floor. framed up with 35 x 70 pine stud and clad in 6mm MDF.

Brad

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 5:35pm
Looks like you got too many lures Brad, I'll be around with the trailerBig smile
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 7:51pm
Looks great brad get them up soon so I can show my wife that I only have a small lure problem & I'm not alone
Fish Choking Lures :)
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 8:03pm
looks great mate......wwel done
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
bundy89 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 4:03am
What a collection! Great to see. 
firststrike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firststrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 7:35am
Looks darn good Brad.
firststrike
Rod Bender View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 11:38am
Very impressive!
RossPerth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 3:04pm
I want a lure room
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 1:06pm
Brad it's been a while, any updates on this?

jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 2:55pm
Thumbs UpLooking good mate
THE CODFATHER
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 4:19pm
man cave / big boy's toy room / tackle shack --- WOW WOW !!!!Approve
cheers
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 4:59pm
My Dream and your having it
Looks great mate
Kimo
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 11:03pm
Been a while without updates hasn't it guys Embarrassed It is still a work in progress, but more wall is covered, and I still have a couple of trays of lures procured from and since 2015 Expo, I haven't even taken down yet. Been so damn busy at work in the last 6 months, working 5 1/2 days a week and OT nearly every week day, Sat arvo comes around and it's nap time. But having a break over xmas/new year and again at the end of Jan, start of Feb. Hoping to get a pile of little jobs done then.
Will post up some more when I get the chance.

Cheers Brad

SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 3:19am
Look forward to seeing them Brad...

Mick!!!
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 8:12am
Always thought it would be funny if a dedicated lure fisho was also a crim, and broke into a house with a display....you would wake up in the morning, the crim hasbeen waiting for you, he has a you a coffee, and just wanted to hang out wiyh you and ask some questions about some of the lures......
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:09am
Dave I have had two very serious break ins where they mainly targeted fishing gear and lures and no they didn't stop to enquire there pedigree value about seventy thousand been hard road back
Cheers Graeme
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:54am
ouch!
that's no how ye make porridge!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Darby Darby wrote:

Been a while without updates hasn't it guys Embarrassed It is still a work in progress, but more wall is covered, and I still have a couple of trays of lures procured from and since 2015 Expo, I haven't even taken down yet. Been so damn busy at work in the last 6 months, working 5 1/2 days a week and OT nearly every week day, Sat arvo comes around and it's nap time. But having a break over xmas/new year and again at the end of Jan, start of Feb. Hoping to get a pile of little jobs done then.
Will post up some more when I get the chance.

Cheers Brad
forget the break young Brad you'll be making lures for expo by then
that's no how ye make porridge!
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 6:57pm
Chris, That is something else for the breaks mate, My left wrist has been paining me since last Expo. A real tough effort to carve, the hand locks up and the carpal area burns like hell after just a couple of lures.
SOoooooo I am working on a replicator based on a lathe I picked up cheap, I want something to do the bulk of the timber removal, but retain some hands on contact. Pics of that build will follow as well.

Brad

matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 9:43pm
I was thinking you have been quiet Brad. It certainly sounds like you need a good break!
I look forward to your lathe build.
All the best,
Matt
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:02pm
If I know BLA or what ever they're called now, that place just never stops... hope you get back on track with the room and the hand gets a rest... maybe surgery will help?
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 6:13am
Matt, yeah I have been quiet, you are not the only one to notice. 1 week off since May was nice, but not enough to really recharge the system.

Sel, it is still BLA without the family ownership ties, but since joining the multi- national, mega-corporate world, it has got 100% busier. Hopefully the incoming stock will slow down after thier massive ordering schedule settles. Surgery is still a long way off I hope.

Cheers Guys

Brad

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic