LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Tackle discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr Viper Darkside slayers .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr Viper Darkside slayers .
    Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 11:38am
Check these bad boys out , Shane has done his magic for me , These will be fished for BIG barra in about a month and if I go out to the reef , I will be taking then for a test swim after work and let ya know how they go , but Shane has told me they swim great . I am realy looking forward to this coming fishing season , lots of lures to try and photos to get . bring it on .
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 11:51am
bit like a ribbon-fish, mackerel will smash them.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 11:52am
What an innovative idea Shane.

I am off to the workshop and getting out the drop saw...

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 12:41pm
Very nice work Shane

Can I ask where I can get those hooks like in the top lure in the belly hanger in a few sizes ?

Can someone send me a pm if they would prefer to say that way please

Thanks Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
Trout tramp View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trout tramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 1:00pm
Maybe try decoy brand of hook's a lot of the stores in Tassie have started to stock these style hook's
As a lot of the tuna boy's have been switching to single hook's rather than trebles
Hope this help's
Cheers
Trout tramp 
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 4:22pm
You better go and catch something with them now Ian, the Dark Side are onto our  project , security breached .WinkConfusedConfusedConfusedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 4:53pm
VERY nice shane iam sure big red will smack a few barra on them of the bowling club bankWinkClapClapClapClapClapClapClapTongueTongueTongueregards bob
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 5:40pm
We, of The DARK SIDE, are impressed with the way these have turned out. ClapThumbs UpWink
We aren't real keen on being the focus of the naming, though I'm sure, as a sales pitch, it won't hurt. Cool
They will work a treat!
Them big singles are definitely the go here.
Well done!
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 5:59pm
these guys look great but I hope Shane sent you some spare tails Ian.cant wait to see the critters caught on these.hey Shane a couple of these fished topwater past an unsuspecting kayaker could be good for a laugh ,very snakeyWinkBig smileThumbs Up
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 6:37pm
Chris, when them tails are following the lure body they look exactly like a snake or eel , the surprise for me was the bigger the tail the better they go ,I was a bit hesitant when trialing them in Raby Bay Canals as there are some toothy critters in there you don't want to fool with ( Toothy Cooters ) was afraid of loosing them before sending to Ian.Wink yes they would look good as a surface lure with a long black plastic tail, I'm sure it would scare the pants off "Some " Dark Side members that were a bit "Girly " about Snakes .CryCryCryCryCryLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClapClap
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 7:34pm
I'm going to ask what may be a silly question but A guy in Devonport makes a snake style topwater wooden lure for trout as he caught a trout with a big lump in the side and cut it open and it had a small tiger snake in the belly

But my question is how would the venom not kill the fish ?

Cheers Rick

And thanks for the tip trout tramp on the lure ill ask Chris from justtackle if he knows of the brand of hook

Great lures Shane and good luck Ian with those beauty's
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 9:50pm
Rick, funny how venom works. Did you know that funnel web venom is harmless to mice,cats and dogs?
It really is a farce when you read lists of venomous snakes, eg the top 10 most venomous snakes in the world. That list is really worthless.
It is measured by what boffins call, lethal dose, that is how much venom it takes to kill lab mouse. So according to that list, australia has the top'7 or 8 most venomous land snakes in the world, and on average 5 aussies die from snake bite a year. In Sri lanka, hundreds die from a viper species every year, that is not in the top 14!
Venom effects different animals in different ways, so by using a mouse to measure toxicity to humans is inaccurate. There are many snakes out there more dangerous to humans than australian snakes, king cobras have been known to drop elephants. Having said that, eastern browns, taipans and tigers are very dangerous to humans, but so are diamond back rattlesnakes, certain cobras,vipers,mambas,and god knows how many others.

Nice lures btw Red, sorry for the side track!
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 10:05am
Wow and Wow , the big one is awesome , you have to see it to believe the movement in it , I tried fast retrieve and slow , now it was slow retieve I was hoping for and again wow , I can see this working very well out at the reef , slow trolled or cast , If I get out to the reef I will be casting it as it casts great , not once did I foul the hooks , lucky I have the perfect rod for casting them . and the single hook is a Decoy Sergeant and I use Owner split rings , just 1 mod I asked Shane to do and that was to have the hook hanger on the body east west so only one split ring is used . and as far as tails go I have heaps , www.hogylures.net . Let the fun begin . Thumbs Up
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 1:14pm
Now all you have to do Ian is show the people some Critters caught on them .WinkClapClapClapClapClapClap
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 7:23pm
Nice work Shane...love it!
cheers steiny
mark2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:15pm
What a nice design it will be interesting to see how they go! Mark
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:26pm
Thanks for the comments guys, it's nice to try something different and have it work for you , by the way it wasen't my idea it was Ian's, I just made the item to spec and trialed  it , Ian had an idea of how to catch barra at a certain spot and time , hope they come up to expectations , hope to see some pics of  captures on here soon .WinkClapClap
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:57pm
Shane what else can I say mate but awesome 59ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:41pm
You should have done the forked tongue Shane just to set them off    

I look forward to seeing the barra from these
aster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 10:27pm
It could have something to do with the bite of the snake, the venom needs to enter the blood stream where it then goes to the heart or nervous system or even lungs.The daddy long leg spider is also one of the most venomous but his bite is too weak to penetrate the skin.
aster
D.Dads View Drop Down
Ron Davies Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.Dads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 8:07pm
they look great hope you catch some big fish Ron
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 9:32pm
Rick, sorry I didn't get back to you on the fork tongue ,I will try to get it on the next lot I send Ian in a few weeks time and maybe some other surprises about he way they look .WinkWinkWinkLOLLOLLOL hope to hear from him soon and also some pics hopefully .ClapClapClapClapClap
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:23pm
What would you target out on the reef with them?
DARK LORD
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Mal Vader Mal Vader wrote:

What would you target out on the reef with them?

Yes what ,   now that will be interesting , there are a number of fish I think will take them , slow troll over a bommie - Macs - cast on top of the reef - Trout - and if I get a chance to get out to the Ribbons - Who knows - I am also thinking Sailfish ? - and small Blacks - Hmm just need the time . LOL
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 5:05pm
So, all sorts of Coral Ooglies and Pelagics.
I reckon Trout would be something to aim for, maybe Sweetlip/Emperors.
Dogtooth on the drop-offs???
GTs are likely as are smelly Barracuda.
Macks didn't cross my mind,,,,,, quite possible.
Tuna, Marlin and Sails,,,,,,,,,,, now you're aiming high!
Of course, you will achieve all of these on the DSSs, probably on your first outing!
Remember to leave a few for those who try too!
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 3:52pm
THE jewies would love these lures they look like little hairtail very cool shaneClapClapClapClapClapWinkWinkWinkTongueTongueTongueregards bob
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by bassnbob bassnbob wrote:

THE jewies would love these lures they look like little hairtail very cool shaneClapClapClapClapClapWinkWinkWinkTongueTongueTongueregards bob

They will be hard to make swim like Hairtail, BOB!!!
Them Buggas hold vertical, mid to lower in water column.
DARK LORD
dishley View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 6:27pm
It's great to see these come together.

Rick, the Gamakatsu Single Lure Hooks are great, i've been using them on sammy's and divers for a while now.

Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 10:20pm
ooo la la What a find on the forum... Vipers that are different. so did they catch fish?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic