LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Power Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sparrow No 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sparrow No 1
    Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:34pm
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:43pm
  First Sparrow made.
  Red striped on is a Taka
  Last photo is Brian's work over the last 4 years.
 Bryan Power's work is always top class.
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:45pm
Gee Deb, Bryan must of been feeling generous just recently , or have you conned him out of those beauties ???????WinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Mr Viper Mr Viper wrote:

Gee Deb, Bryan must of been feeling generous just recently , or have you conned him out of those beauties ???????WinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Generous Shane, but that the way I am,LOLLOLbut looking at the lot of them, there is a fair few No1 s/1 offs in that lot, cheers Bryan.
HANDCARVED and HANDMADE TIMBER LURES
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:48pm
Very nice lot there deb nice work as always Brian

The Sparrow looks great and looks like Trevor's carving tips helped on that one    I mean that with respect only , I hope you make heaps of them , IDE love one & I'm sure they would work nicely on a few species

If you ever make a few mini sparrow's please make me a black & yellow one Brian

Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 8:42am
Brian and I actually see the results with these lures. Bryan comes out to the dam and rivers regularly and puts them to the test. That big Yabbie swims to 22'. It's a No1 and he swum it.  Debbie D.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 12:01pm
Very nice Bryan, they all look great and knowing how much of a perfectionist you are they would all catch fish. You are a true craftsman. That orange / green flame in the first photo, and the green fish with the fins in the second - outstandingClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by finnsurance finnsurance wrote:

Very nice lot there deb nice work as always Brian

The Sparrow looks great and looks like Trevor's carving tips helped on that one    I mean that with respect only , I hope you make heaps of them , IDE love one & I'm sure they would work nicely on a few species

If you ever make a few mini sparrow's please make me a black & yellow one Brian

Cheers Rick
Rick the mini is called  MARROW  and the one in between is ARROW  and the large is the SPARROW, I think you`ll be able to work where the name/names come from, there is a marrow in one of the pictures , cheers Bryan.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 8:24pm
Here are more examples of Bryan's work. Every time he comes to Glenlyon I take photos of his lures before he hits the water.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 9:07pm
Bryan called in to Glenlyon Dam and allowed me to photograph his tackleboxes. Some gems in there. Check out the chamo lures.
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 9:33pm
Some really nice stuff there Deb, Bryans work is first class as usual ,not a bad bloke either although his jokes late at night are a bit cruel .WinkConfusedConfusedShockedShockedShockedShockedLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClap
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 7:26am
Yes Deb, all beautiful work, I was lucky to meet up with Brian recently and eyeball some of these--attention to detail is second to none.
Thanks for posting these pics.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 8:54am
yeah, he's just slightly above medium average, but his lures are off the scale......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 9:17am
Awesome lures, Bryan cant do a 3 colour lureLOLThumbs Up top shelf, a prolific lure maker , i need to have another visit soon, cheers pearcey
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 6:00pm
There it a couple of new designs is that lot, the green that's a bit smashed up got a lot of fish a pindari dam a week ago, cheers Bryan.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 7:54pm
I had a visit from Bryan last week and out came the tackle boxes Check out the new lure styles. I am now a proud seller of Power Lures  in my Kiosk.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 10:50pm
Bryan Power visited yesterday and delivered my completed lure set that was displayed at the expo un finished. We thought it might be boring all 50 in the same colour so instead had 3 varients underneath.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 10:58pm
Deb you better send them to me for safe keeping
THE CODFATHER
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 11:06pm
I had bought a silky oak and laminate cabinet from Bill Horsnell to display them in but had no room in my car to bring it home from the expo. That's why Bryan delivered it on his way to a river trip down the Dumaresq R with Lead Lure, Garra and some local boys.   Debbie D
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 12:03am
Having got a yellow and black set  I feel a bit like it was asking Mozart to play Happy Birthday.

They are still awesome.
the fish aren't art critics
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 6:31am
Very nice indeed Deb,Top Shelf Padgey Thumbs Up

Mick!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic