Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Mal Florence
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bibless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bibless
    Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 5:12pm
This I originally thought was a Maurie brown but had a guy over today who should know and he assures me it is not Maury's but an early 70's Mal florence made in Townsville.
The front tip has been replaced with lead while the original lead is still in position.

The Journey is the Reward

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 5:32pm
Lovely example of one of lure fishings legends Barry. I have a bunch of Lively and RLT made stuff in my collection, but thats the first timber one I have seen Clap

Darbs
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 6:24pm
Thanks Darbs,I have had this for a very long time and Had Captain Laurie Woodbridge over today to look at some of my lures.He pointed out the Bibless.
I am quite happy to have one of Mal's as this will complete my collection of early Bibless makers.
I think they are,Maurie Brown,Mal Florence,Terry Leadbetter,Jim McConnaghie,Carl Grist and Laurie Woodbridge.
They range from late 60's to early 70's.
When I get a chance I will post them all up.

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 7:42pm
What an important lure that one is for Aussie lure history - nice one Barry! Clap

I look forward to seeing your post with the bibless pioneers together.
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 11:47am
Originally posted by CaptainCranky CaptainCranky wrote:

Thanks Darbs,I have had this for a very long time and Had Captain Laurie Woodbridge over today to look at some of my lures.He pointed out the Bibless.
I am quite happy to have one of Mal's as this will complete my collection of early Bibless makers.
I think they are,Maurie Brown,Mal Florence,Terry Leadbetter,Jim McConnaghie,Carl Grist and Laurie Woodbridge.
They range from late 60's to early 70's.
When I get a chance I will post them all up.

Did you ever post this up, Captain? I'd love to see a collection like that all together.

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 12:43pm
Cranky, haven't forgotten you, I'll work on Bruce for that one and only Eric Moller blue bibless Wink.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 5:20pm
Bless you Banana Shirt

Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 8:47pm
Oh dearEmbarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic