LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fly Fishing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

turon disapointment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muckawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: turon disapointment
    Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 4:52pm
couldn't get away for opening long weekend , so i took a trip down long point , then too the turon juction , closed trout water , still plenty of camper fishing during the school holiday's, on the lower bridle track, the bastards won't open the track since 1990 floods, as a bridge need repair , a big bolder sitting in the middle of the road, the road clasped , built by convicts in the 1860's, when justice was much more hash, then back too hill end , were the road closure is affecting  tourist trade,
then traveled too wallaby rock , two camps in closed season , some fishing up stream, fresh fire places at all the well worn tracks which means fishing during closed season, traveled too the boundary gate the road was rougher then , any time in the past,all tracks well used , people fishing during the closed season , this area use too have million of small trout , but land clearing , has caused severe flooding and loss of oak trees  which shaded the stream bed , grazing has stopped the regrowth, so the water over heats for trout
 i caught trout at long point and burrendong up too 1986
now lots of people have 4WDs a lot more of the stream gets fished mostly carp
drove up to Parmers Oaky , dark corner , kirconnell , what a disappointment fish wise but a nice day for a trip
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 5:20pm
I'm considering a day trip to Dunn's Swamp, maybe not Trout Water but sussing it out for camp/fish.
Posts here indicate Goldens as main target, chance of Cod(though slight).
Worried about access to water on foot, no boat coming.

I know what you mean about all the 'off season' fishing going on.
Streamside destruction is a big issue almost everywhere, too.
There is no easy answers. No one wants responsibility.
Education is the key, but the time lapse of information being supplied and absorbed, won't help now.
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
muckawa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muckawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:53pm
google dunn's swamp wasn't fenced last time i was there, take night vision viewer , look in the water at spinny crays , look in trees , ring tails and gliders , bananas and bread will lure them , watch out for paddy melons , continue on road into forrest nation park full of wild pigs ,
 duns swamp not stocked , has bass yellas , eastern red spiny crays , big one are twenty years old
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 6:18pm
YEP , take ya Night Goggles !! LOL Clap

Dunns Swamp is best fished by boat/canoe etc . There is bugger all clear banks to fish from , unless you walk a LOT !
 You can hire Canoes there on weekends and Long Weekends /Holidays etc ..... BUT , TRUST me ,, you dont want to be there in ANY Holiday period !!!! IT gets so packed that your tent wall will be touching someone elses !

Dunns Swamp was stocked ,, but not so sure now . Goldens and COD .,.. yep , I have caught one there  and missed a freaking huge one .

Middle of the week is the best time to go there to get real piece and quiet ! The place is Beautiful !

As Muckwad has already said , plenty of wildlife ... though never seen pigs there . Or the Paddy Melons he speaks of .Confused

Want some PICS ? Wink
I like pretty painted sticks
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 8:51pm
I've seen some of your pics, Jeff.
Commented on sunscreen if ya remember.
I don't mind a walk, crawl climb, etc, as long as I can fish somewhere.
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic