LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lure Making Articles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

multigrip test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: multigrip test
    Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 9:28am
Have a few OLM lures heading to PNG to chase those no respecting lures black bass , so its very important that lures are strong and dont fall apart on 1 fish, done a test with the multigrips on a OLM lure including bib and eyelets , eyelets were twisted and pulled at, bib wasnt going any where , drilled scribed and pinned with a 4ml thick bamboo kebab stick , happy with the results but time will tell, cheers pearcey
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 9:42am
Bomb proof LOLThumbs Up 
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 11:59am
I like the idea with the kebab stick Dave (might have to borrow that oneThumbs Up),it certainly seems like one tough lure mate
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 12:35pm
I think they will stand the test Chris, 200lb snap that can be crimped so they dont come open in circumstances we may not come across in other forms of fishing , i was thinking of double pinning using 2 kebab sticks Ermm was going to put a laughing face up but i never make jokes or light of when i know where they are going and  what fish they may encounter, some of my urathane lures i made in the nineties caught some big ones , lets hope these ones do the same , Chris kebab sticks are light but strong and dont mess with the lures action , cheers pearcey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic