Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FISHING WITH MY DAUGTHER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FISHING WITH MY DAUGTHER
    Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 7:58am
The other day my daugther and i toke the Boat to the big Lake, as she would like a go on here first Pike. Also it was a test run on ouer new outboard. The 5 hp. 2 stroke Mercury that came with the boat did not like stay still all Winter. Did many atemps to get it Work right, but no luck. As we long had talked about get a 4 stroke, i just waited on the right offer. That came on this 1 year old 5 hp Yamaha that only had being started 3 times, but never actually sailed. Still 3 years warranty and only 1044 AUD. full Price here is 1519 AUD.
At 12.30 we started out, and trolled the shallow Water around the vegetation on the bend, as the Pike offend stay there. But thy were not at the shallow, so we tried on deeper Water. Pernille liked to try the silver Fuglee Lure, and shortly after she got a hook up. Not here first Pike, but here first Perch. And a nice one it was. After the Photo session we tried Again and i got one on Brads fisaholic Lures. Pernille kept the fuglle on, but i liked to try some more Lures. Got some nice ones on a Lure i made off the Mango tree i got last year from a L.L.  member. When we hit the boat ramp just before dark at 18.30 there was 11 nice Perch to eat in the boat, and we have had a really great day in fairly nice weather fore this time a year. Clouded 12 C. and not much Wind.

Pernilles first Perch

the Fuglee Lure

Brads Lure

Between hook ups
YEEHAAA just as riding my Horse Pernille said 

Come here fishi fishi fishi and bite my Lure

My best on Mango Tree Lure

I showed Pernille how to operate Boat and motor.
Pretty important if you have a MAN OVERBOARD situation

The new 4 Stroke 

Catch off the day
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 8:25am
Pernille must have the PRETTIEST MUM in all of Denmark!!!
Always great to see a kid, a huge smile and some fish! Clap
My daughters are now living with their partners, so they don't fish with Dad any more. Cry
Enjoy it while you can!!! Thumbs Up
Cheers   MAL

DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 12:24pm
Top effort, she will be a water baby all her life you can bet on it !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 1:24pm
Great stuff P.J looks like your daughter is haveing a great time , looks a bit cold  .
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
Digitalis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digitalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 2:43pm
A great day for all! Thanks for sharing.
Matt.
It's only a stick untill it has TEETH MARKS in it!!!
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 6:14pm
Top stuff P.J
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 7:15pm
great p.j.......your kids look very much alike! looks like a fun day and a few aussie lures catching fish...great stuff mateClap
that little boat hs got some good use!....a lucky boat it is.......very nice hull..i like it.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 8:15pm
Magic!
feralbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feralbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 5:56am
Great report, gee it looked cold.
Work hard, party hard
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 7:17am
Thanks guys. It was a really great, and memorable day both fore my Daughter and me.
To most of you Aussies it would probably be pretty Cold in about 12 C it was that day. But we are used to it, and have prober cloth to cob fore this weather, and the colder to come when it really get Winter here
Jas i think the similarity off my kids is because thy are twins
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:44pm
I am reopening this tread now as my Daugther is on to fishing again. She have had a Pony she was very good jumping on fore some years. But have out growing it, and now it is sold and she dont want to continiew the sport. 
She is now part off the Junior section in my local fishing club, and we started out yesterday with a little trip to an old closed P&T pond the new owner like to reopen. There is some Pikes he liked us to help get rid off, before the Rainbow Trout was released.
Pernille have never caught a Pike before, so this was a good opertunety 
But the Pikes did not like "to play" with us. Only a few very small ones was caught by "the Boyes" Wink
But we had a really great weather fore the time, and all the Juniors and leaders had a great day.
Pernille even got a new friend, in the Duck she named Bodil. Bodil liked the Bread Pernille had Big smile
Tonight we are going to ouer club house where i have a class teaching the Junioers in how to make their own Spinners. More to come Smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:52pm
look out Per you know the girls always outfish us in the endBig smile
that's no how ye make porridge!
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:57pm
Fantastic mate,nothing more can be saidClap
THE CODFATHER
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:58pm
I will do the best i can, she gets to do that Chris LOLBig smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:09pm
she'll be a great fisherman with you teaching her,i am sure mateThumbs Up
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 5:36am
I started my daughter fishing when she was 3 years old and still out fishes me LOL Now she is 22 and still goes fishing.Smile

It won't be long Per before your daughter out fishes you too Wink

Tight lines,

Dave
Life is fishing!
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 7:42am
Great stuff Per.
It's great that she explored other interests (with your support) and has come back round to wanting to spend time with you, fishing.
I can't wait to get Grace out fishing...  Actually fishing, not just strapped to me while I'm fishing.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 6:03pm
Very good Per, you gave her a solid interest that has stayed with herThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 6:29am
Per  interesting report mate.

Signs of your cooler/colder weather commencing to appear in your recent photos.

I have some shots to put up on my thread, you will need  sun glasses to look at them.

Bright sunshine is evident but you  can have a bit of our strong winds. Has made it hard to fish during the day and fly fishing in the evening  a disaster..

Last day of our six day fishing comp today, closes 6pm
Regards John
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 5:59pm
Thanks all fore the replays Smile
Yes John we have temp. about +5C day time and this morning it is -3C but no wind like we have had a lot off lately. 
Good to hear your weather have improved, and looking forward to hear some more great reports from you all
Have a great day 

Knaek & Break 
                       Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:38pm
Well done PJ, Fish and cold will come and go memories will last forever.
Cheers Kimo
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:18am
Hope to get this tread started up again, as Pernille is on to fishing again
We have had some trips this year after Pike, perch, and Trouts with out any catch
Last night we had a junior tent trip to our local river (Trendaa)
There were two boys and Pernille + me as a tour guide.
After tent raising we fished until 11am. without as much as seeing a fish
Got something to eat and went to rest. Stood up at 5pm. where we again fished without bites.
Unfortunately, we have had the driest summer for many many years, so there are very low water, and only very few trout in the river. The ground the tents are on are usually pretty green. It's definitely not right now
But we had a great trip and Pernille would like to try more of these

This old cottage, located right on the river bank, is built 21-07-1953 (scratched in the cement floor) We do everything to maintain it, so we have a place to stay at the river

Knaek & Break
     Pernille & Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 8:36am
Keep trying Per, it looks like a good spot.
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 9:08am
Great looking spot mate, love the little cabin. Hopefully the fish find you sooner or later
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 9:32am
Best thing is Per, you spent time with Pernille.Thumbs Up

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:28am
Good on you Per, nice thread! Thumbs Up
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 7:26am
Today we had a junior trip with juniors from my local fishing club.
We were two Boats with 5 juniors + 2 skippers in total
I had Pernille and another young man in our boat
Hoped we got some Pikes, as Pernille was missing to get the first one
Have to say she was in good luck.
She started getting the very first Pike ever. A nice little under size, that after a quick picture in the water got the freedom again.
Then she got a legal of 64cm. (60cm. Is legal) then it was a nice Red-fin and she also achieved a new PR. Pike of 74cm
In total she got 8 Pikes (2 more legal, but no need to take more than we can eat) and 3 nice Red-fins
All fish were, of course, caught on a red 60mm. Banana Lure
The young man with us had to settle with an under size Pike but lost several good fish. So he kept the spirit, even get beating by a Girl
Am sure i see him in the spring 2019 where we make some Banana Lures in the club House again

Just a trip after Pernille's Dads heart

Knaek & Break
        Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Barndog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 7:39am
Sounds like you had a ball Per, looks cold though!
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 9:58am
Good job. Love those pike, very cool looking fish.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:24am
Yea the banana!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 12:47pm
good stuff Per,i wish we had those pike here a beautiful fish.Well done Pernille Clap,it does'nt surprise me at all that you were catching the fish ,a master fisherwoman with the best lures (bananas)Thumbs Up
DocYarrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocYarrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 10:36pm
Awesome memories there mate
Well done to all involved
Cheers,

Troy
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 6:46am
Sounds like a great day on the water!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:00am
Thanks all
We had a really great day on the Lake, and i am so happy fore Pernille, that se caught so many nice Fish
This year have been the worst fishing year in many years, because off the drought we have had this Summer
Now weather is about normal fore the season, so i hope we can get some good trips before Winther sets in

Knaek & Break
       Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic