LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Eddy Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early Eddy Stinger?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peter468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Eddy Stinger?
    Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 10:01am
I came across this old timber lure on the weekend.
Looks to be a very early version of the stinger.
It has a curved bib which i havent seen on the other Eddy lures looking through photos.
I think he said he picked it off a snag in Leslie Dam.

Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 10:08am
Definitely an early Eddys!! A real gem there and worth hanging onto... Thumbs Up I think there's only one snag in Leslie and I had a bad habit of finding it!!! Cry Ran the tackleback down on it once to retrieve my lure and up popped a lure I lost 6 months earlier... Confused
Fysshe
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 10:36am
Excellent find Peter, thanks for posting it up as I've never seen one like it Smile
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
peter468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 10:54am
I didnt get the lure off him as he wanted to hang onto it, just though i would put the photo up for everyone to see.  He doesnt use or collect lures just picks them off the banks and out of snags, but he liked the look of it and wanted to keep it which is fair enough. 
I did happen to get a nice somerset stretch off him though Fysshe, looking forward to giving it a swim next outing.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 11:33am
It's amazing how many lures you can find on the edges of some dams! I knew a guy in Ipswich who would walk the banks and rake through the weed beds and got over 400 lures in one year from Leslie Dam!!
 This is the ill-fated Somerset lure that I snagged up in Leslie. The second one I hung up on the same tree was its replacement!! At least I got them both back... Clap Gold/white was a top colour in that dam... Be nice to see that old Somerset Stretch; might be able to work out approximate time span... Confused
Fysshe
peter468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 11:39am
Looks like somebody else knew how well the gold/white combo worked
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 12:17pm
What a coincidence! 90's model lure, fancier finish on the ones I sold, didn't go overboard with the ones we used ourselves.
Fysshe
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 8:25pm
Lucky man to find that Eddy's lure. The Stinger didn't dive deep but obviously that one would go down.
Debbie D
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:36pm
And I was told by a member that Eddy never made a timber stinger - they went straight into moulded production - so he said.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:43pm
I've seen a few timber Stingers over the years, Brolly has some, and I know Dave Edwards sold a few different ones a couple of years back.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:58pm
I saw that same type "Stinger" on Ebay a couple of weeks ago... Confused
Fysshe
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 6:22pm
they are around Smile

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 7:24pm
love that prawn tony.......good simple things are better than refined to my eye...that's a cracka.....they all are.

I had a couple of timber stingers....lost to snags before I realised that lure fishing wasn't just cast and wind without any thought.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic