LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > A&B
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A & B 'River Rat'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A & B 'River Rat'
    Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 5:40pm

Circa '93

Bought from Gaukroger's Inverell
barrablaster View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Allan Sloman A&B Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrablaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:49pm
Hi Got digging today and found 6 old river-rat .Thanks Allan
A&B lures
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 8:07pm

Nice one Tas - I hadn't seen that model before, thanks Thumbs Up

Originally posted by barrablaster barrablaster wrote:

Hi Got digging today and found 6 old river-rat .Thanks Allan

Allan, they look great. I notice they seem to look similar to the Black Rat (except larger) ?

Are there any other "Rats" that you made?

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Allan Sloman A&B Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrablaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:03pm
A&B lures
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:38pm
Just had a chat with Allan - these were based on the A&B Black Rat lure, although Allan rounded the belly on them. (as you can see in the extra pic Allan posted above)

Allan also mentioned that he only made a very limited number, so you've done well to get a hold of one Tas Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Allan Sloman A&B Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrablaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:44pm
Hi, Guy,s  Found an old photo with the river rat  on cards .Allan
A&B lures
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 9:54pm
I bought this one 17 years ago in Inverell... a case of being in the right place at the right time. It's been used a bit too chasing Goodoo in the Mehi, Gwydir, and Copeton Dam and has a tooth mark in the top where it had a close shave with a big, 1m long, sea long tom on Norfolk Island. You can see the tooth ding about midway down in the top photo. I think, now that Allan has told me he only made about 20 of them, I will be retiring it from active duty and giving it a more sheltered life. At the time I had been teaching about 2 months. Prior to that I was at Wollongong Uni, graduated and I got a call almost straight away saying I had a week to get out to Inverell to start teaching. I had no money and it took 6 weeks for the Dept of Ed to start paying me. I spent my last $10 or so on this lure because it looked real fishy and the kids at Inverell High told me the cod were on... Allan, do you have any of these original River Rats left in your collection or 'archives'? If not I would be happy to send it back 'home' to take its place in your collection.
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 9:59pm

Is that a photo of your 'Rats before you took them down to the shop? If so, it looks like my one is the one shown at the bottom of the 1st column!!! The dots match up perfectly!!! That's pretty amazing actually. I love this place :)

TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 1:00am
Allan.... the lure is on its way up... feels kinda cool to be able to send it home... :) Enjoy :)
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 10:01pm
STUNNERS there cod candyClapClapClapClapClapClapClapWinkWinkWinkTongueTongueTongueregards bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic