Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks Pearcey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks Pearcey
    Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 5:35pm
Would like to thank the generosity of Pearcey who offered for me to drop around and pick up a few tips re the undercoating, painting and clear coating of timber fishing lures.

Really appreciated the guidance which was exceptionally informative - now to try and put the knowledge into practical use Wink

Was also fortunate to pick up a stunning pair of Ltd Edn OLM Cod lures .... think he's gunna kill me if I fish them though LOL

Many thanks Pearcey, much appreciated Thumbs Up

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 5:43pm
The OLM Cod Lures are works of art!!! Heart
Well done Pearcey!!! Clap
That's what this forum is about, members helping, advising, showing, sharing and giving. Thumbs UpCool
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 7:42am
More than happy to give some tips Rob, will be looking forward to see some of your lures soon , cheers pearcey
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Pearcey Pearcey wrote:

More than happy to give some tips Rob, will be looking forward to see some of your lures soon , cheers pearcey

First few are all sealed and undercoated .... first test passed I reckon Tongue

More nervous about the painting and may have a few practise runs getting the thinning right - gotta say Pearcey's advice here was gold and probably what will differentiate my previous bodgy efforts. Using the right paint this time may also make a difference LOL

The clear coat was worrying me and yes, I'd complicated the whole process way beyond what was required.

Have now sourced Pearcey's clear (wasn't altogether easy) and if I can get someone to deliver it, we'll be away Big smile

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 9:02am
Good one RobClap, cheers pearcey
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 3:16pm
Too far for the DARK LORD to Deliver!!! Wink
That's, like, Another GALAXY! LOL
Onya, Rob!
Show us some piccys when they're ready.
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic