LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > North American Fishing Lures > USA Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mann's Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mann's Lures
    Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 6:35pm
These were all the rage 15(ish) years ago. Can't find them anywhere now. Going to add these as I photograph them:

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 6:56pm
ONE of the best flatty lures ever made my fav was the grey ghost i dig em.......Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileClapClap
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 7:10pm
Yep.. this one has accounted for quite a few flattie. Bream didn't mind it either. This one is the Stretch 5+.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 7:55pm
local tackle shop in Noosaville qld has them, could pass on details for you to contact them if you are chasing 1 or 10, Will have a look this week, they had quite a few not long back, my favourite was the bright yellow and orange with glitter 10+, got quite a few flatties, but what i noticed most was it got the flatties of a night time, and the only time ive got flatties late at night is with this lure...trevally loved it too.
Let me know if you want the shops contact details.
nicho
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 11:34pm
Does anyone know where I can get a colour chart for the Stretch 5+ and the normal 5+/10+?

This is my sole survivng Mann's 5+, rainbow trout pattern. The best pattern for me, on bream, was the orange and black one. I have never been very successful with this one. Maybe why it's survived as long as it has. I bought it when I was about 17,18 some 20,21 years ago.

Nicho, I'd love you to send their details!!!

Would be good if anyone else has any Mann's lures to put up photos as well :) I've got some nice ones arriving over the next few weeks that I'll be adding :)

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 8:01am
Tas,
I am not sure who is distributing Manns now. It used to be Shakespeare Aust, but I think I heard that changed when they were taken over by Pure Fishing group...(damn they own nearly everything that Pradco dont Confused).
Maybe a quick phone call to them will yield more details of who has them now so you can get your local shop to order them.

Darbs
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 1:46pm
Tas,
I sent you the details of the tackle shop through a PM.
Apparently the current distributer of Manns has dropped them,
whats left on the shelves, and what the current REPS have leftover is it for now,
with no firm yet to take over future distibution, if at all.
The tackle shop mentioned has 6 colours all in 5+
THE DOCTOR...green gold red black stripes.
AUSSIE CLOWN..gold, silver, red, black dots
GREY GHOST...silver/grey
PRICCILLA...pink,orange,yellow,blue,black stripes
BLK/SIL...black top silver bottom
SCARLET OHARA...dog di@k pink (just ordered these ones) last stock left apparently.

Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 9:18pm
Darby
J M Gillies took over when Shakspeare droppped them.
We bought everything they had left (LOTS)
I think that was part of the reason Gillies never pushed them hard.
Laurie.
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 6:11pm
Just went into my local store...
Stretch 5   $8.95 each
depth 5+   $5.95 each  61

Laurie.
Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 6:58pm
That's a bargain, I remember they were $20 and only the rich spent their money on Mann's.
Tagged and released
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 7:13pm
CryCry not much use listing the Chartreuse Tiger depth set at $100 now is there CryCry
I remember those times as well Craig, 15 & 20+'s were $18.99 and you hated loosing one to a snag, but bugger me if they didn't catch impoundment Bass hand over foot LOL Now the are on special for a tenner...
that's depreciation at a new levelBig smile
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 1:57pm
Yeah.. $20ish dollars and as a kid I had to save for ages to get one. I had the orange and black tiger pattern and the yellow (what kid knows chartreuse???) and black tiger pattern and I cried when I lost them... try as I might I could NOT lose the rainbow trout one shown above... and I tried... $5.95 huh for the 5+ Laurie... If I shoot you some money do you reckon you could buy me some please??? Are they in the colour patterns you sent me or is the orange and chartreuse tiger patterns also there...

My first 5+ was a shadow pattern (black top silver body) and I destroyed it by soft plastics in the sun. It melted the finish off and I ended up with this puddle of paint and clear coat in the bottom of the tackle box. I could never fix it either. I tried letting it dry and it just never seemed to dry fully and then tried to sand it and it still didn't work... I ended up chucking it away... awesome bream bait.
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 4:29pm
Simon
Not a problem.
I went and checked availability, all of the depth 5+ were still there.
Laurie.
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 7:15pm
the 5+ is a favourite for me, the boof bait range were a fail
(my opinion) the purple is a 30+
and small gold one used for timid Toga
alway's keep a few on hand for bass,

TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 6:34pm
Tom Mann Rooter (great name), arrived in the mail today... think it has been resprayed:

Bluey, nice little 5+ there too. I haven't seen that colour before.
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 7:30pm

Mann's 10+ (top) and 5+ . Can anyone tell me what the black flank spot is meant to represent? The 5+ on the bottom is the same as my first black/silver one but none of the original ones had flank spots. Now they all seem to have them.
luxman78 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 11:12pm
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 11:53pm
Cool Lux :) Laurie... see the orange/black 5+ and the yellow/black one in the 10+... does the shop have these? These are the ones I'm really after in 5+ (for fishing.. heaven forbid LOL).
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 7:38pm
Simon
I have just sent you an email with the colours available.
Pick them by number.
laurie.
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 8:00pm
Thanks Laurie. I have replied with a selection of 6. Thanks again for the great parcel of lures I got today too :)
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 8:26pm
Hi tazV, 
I sent you details viaPM a week orso ago, of the the tackle store that had some left in my area, sent colour range sizes etc.
They only had a couple of each left, so I asked the owner to put 1 of each aside, till he heard from you, havent heard anything back from you so presume you dont need them?,will be going past tomorrow so can let him know to put them back on shelf?
cheers NICHO

TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 10:56pm
Ok... I didn't know you had done that. You Pm said to hold off ringing them till you got back to me so I assumed it was up to me to call the shop. Didn't know you had him put them aside. Will have to consult she who holds the purse strings.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 12:09am
TasV,
not a drama, its not gonna worry them, I will be in there on weekend, so can tell them to put them back up on shelf,  I am pretty sure they were a lot more expensive than the others you ordered, so save ya dollars.
Just wanted to make sure you didnt need more before I went back there.
Cheers JASON

George View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 7:11pm

As far as I am aware Mo tackle in Coffs  is still stocking all the current Manns Range or a least thats where I purchase all my Manns Lures and the prices are pretty good when they have their speCIALS ONWinkWinkWink

reel mann fish
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 11:09pm

Few more (with paint)...

5+

10+ Chartreuse

M79... U.S. Bass Anglers Sportsman Society special respray (LOL)

Few more up in the car.... 1 degree outside tonight so they can stay there till tomorrow now :)
George View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:20pm
TasV
I havent seen the stamped M79 before although Iam a big collector (and user) of all Manns Lures and artifacts and have been for approx 22 yrs I have found the crawfish 15+ very good on Yellowbelly and that 5+ on bream
GerogeThumbs Up
reel mann fish
George View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:23pm
 PS anybody with any Manns rarites please show and tell would love to SEE
Regards George
reel mann fish
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:39pm

Two more:

Brown rooter respray... I call it the Bondi Mullet Unhappy

George View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 5:19pm

Gnarly looking rarites very collectable thanks for sharing, the brown rooter is  indeed not the normal design conformatives  
                         George
reel mann fish
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 8:53am
hey greg 
i havent seen too many of these around
cheers
 bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic