LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Irons
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Irons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red rocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Irons
    Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 8:27pm
This is my collection of irons
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 7:05am
Very nice collection .Brings back memories from when I used to work for Joe and Wayne in Coff's.Thankyou for posting them up.
The Journey is the Reward

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:12pm
I DIG them great lures ClapClapClapregards bob
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:58pm
I'd love to see a full frontal of those 59

Back view just doesn't do them justice.

Tony.
kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 8:10am
One of the things about the Irons series that I liked were the ghoulish names they used for the different models - I think that there were a Coffin, an Undertaker, an Assassin, a Lyncher and so on. Every time I see an Iron, I think of Hat Head, Joe's Cobia Stick and the Australian Anglers articles about the Summer of '74. These are a great collection of lures as are the memories they recall. Regards, Ken.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 8:31am
ON the money i see these lures &think of hat head &  RON callcut  seascape reels & very quick fishBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
GBG View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 11:17am
A great tool Bob. On my last trip to Frazer I changed over to an Iron from Pillies and I belive I still kept up with my mate with the number of Tailer landed.

We still haven't settled that argument but they are an item I always have with me when on the coast.

Gordon
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 11:53am
I carry the smaller irons &afew wonder pillys in the top of my hook / tackle/bait box cant do without em when yaa lookin for a feed WinkWinkBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 2:42pm
Lost my last few to the cunjie at hat head about 15 years ago, a little light, and hard to cast into the wind, but great action and could be worked slower than most other lures, meaning the lure was in the water longer, catching more fish.
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 6:40pm
The salmon population in Adelaide would have suffrered less if they werent available here. Great lures. I still have some which I use.
 Billj
The older I get the more I learn.
red rocket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red rocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 6:13pm
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 5:46am
Good stuff Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic