LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > Vic Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rob Meade Lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rob Meade Lure
    Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 3:42pm
I'm after some info on this lure if possible it was made by Rob Meade in Victoria where do not know
Any info be great
I hope I have not put this one up before LOLLOL

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

zeno5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeno5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 7:29am
This is possibly a Herbert lure.. Looks like one.. We fished with him in the late 90s and gave him some..is there a small black dot under the tail?
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 8:21am
Originally posted by zeno5 zeno5 wrote:

This is possibly a Herbert lure.. Looks like one.. We fished with him in the late 90s and gave him some..is there a small black dot under the tail?

Ill have to check it and see,I was told this lure was made by Rob for a fishing magazine editor
Thanks always good to get info about our lures ClapClap

zeno5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeno5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:07am
Here's one of my Herberts..
Vance
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:14am
Geez they do look similar!
cheers steiny
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:22am
Originally posted by steiny steiny wrote:

Geez they do look similar!

Yes they do will check for the dot,they are very close if it's not a Hebert it is a copy of one LOL

Vance how long is your lure? from my memory which is not good LOLLOL mine is app 3 inches long LOLLOL inches that will test him and members out LOLLOL 

zeno5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeno5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:30am
Hi.. Exactly 75 mm.. Im sure its one of heberts.. We gave some to Stephen Booth who was editor of freshwater fishing at the time
Vance
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:43am

Hi.. Exactly 75 mm.. Im sure its one of heberts.. We gave some to Stephen Booth who was editor of freshwater fishing at the time
Vance

just checked on a tape measure app same size
Im thinking a Hebert to know also,we can only go by what we are told and some times it is wrong

it was the owner of the magazine cannot think of his name ConfusedLOLLOL
Are Boothy he likes red and black lures or black & red  LOLLOL  hopefully he will be at the Expo again this year be great to say gday again Clap

zeno5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeno5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:44am
Rod Meade with cod caught on a Herbert lure ( Hebert in background)
Vance
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:45am
That's what Rob looks like have heard of him,thanks for the picture ClapClap

zeno5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeno5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:46am
Bill Glasson was the publisher.. He has some Herberts in his museum..
Vance
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:49am

Bill Glasson was the publisher.. He has some Herberts in his museum..
Vance

Vance

That's him glad some one has a better memory than me LOLLOL

I picked it up of Ebay can't Confused remember the sellers name but female some one on here will let us know LOL
she or he sells a lot of Bill Glasson's gear

zeno5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeno5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:57am
I hope his fishing museum is still going.. Havent been there for at least 16 years.. Was in Croydon Victoria.. Had huge fish tanks of native fish and thousands of Australian fishing lures.. Amazing place
Vance
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 10:12am

I hope his fishing museum is still going.. Havent been there for at least 16 years.. Was in Croydon Victoria.. Had huge fish tanks of native fish and thousands of Australian fishing lures.. Amazing place
Vance

Vance

Sounds a top place to visit Clap hopefully it is still there

Over the last couple of years they have sold a few lures

MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:00am
That lure was sold in Sept 2011 on Ebay and it was advertised as a lure made by Rob Meade - it was called the Rockin Horse Galaxid Minnow and was apparently made for Bill Classon in the late 1980's and never used. I've seen the lure and had a good look at it and the finish looks different to Heberts lures but could be wrong. Look for that dot Bullrout . . .

MXB
zeno5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeno5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 12:13pm
The mystery deepens lol
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 6:36pm
Vance

I have the lure in my hands and no spot it is shorter than I put up it is app two & half inches long,ill take a picture of it next to a Hebert tomorrow,my thoughts now I have looked closer it is not a Hebert but will compare tomorrow better with pictures Wink

And thanks I found a lure I forgot I have LOLLOLLOL and it is a early twisted wire Merlin how could I forget a lure like that LOLLOL

zeno5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeno5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 6:45pm
I would love to know its history.. Who said lures are boring lol.. Cheers
Vance
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 7:01pm
Gotta good history that lure and never used!!

MXB
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by MXB MXB wrote:

That lure was sold in Sept 2011 on Ebay and it was advertised as a lure made by Rob Meade - it was called the Rockin Horse Galaxid Minnow and was apparently made for Bill Classon in the late 1980's and never used. I've seen the lure and had a good look at it and the finish looks different to Heberts lures but could be wrong. Look for that dot Bullrout . . .

MXB

Vance

Im glad Roger posted this I forgot the info ill have to copy it so I will not forget LOLLOLLOL

Roger is right re finish ill explain more with pictures tomorrow camera has a flat battery Angry

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 3:41pm
Here is a Hebert lure and the Rob Meade Lure together

Holding both together the Meade Lure has what looks like twisted wire hook hangers to me and as we know a Hebert has a one piece wire

The tail hangers the Hebert has a clean end where the Meade lure has a sort of what looks like glue sticking out past the end of the lure  see picture

Looking close at these two lure two makers I think

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic