Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mounted 5" Mack Attacks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mounted 5" Mack Attacks
    Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:56pm
Went to a mate's 60th in March. Produced the usual alcohol related present, but decided to make him something a bit different.  Geoff and his wife, Clare, produce my Powell Lures caps and shirts, so I thought it appropriate to give him a special lure.

His nick name comes from the fact that he used to drive a smallgoods delivery truck in his younger days.  I did ask the engraver to make the Powell Lures much smaller than the Salami Sam, but it seems to be about 1 font size smaller! A little embarrassingEmbarrassed.

The idea of the half red cedar limb, backing timber came from Wadey who presented my wife with the nicely finished piece of red cedar, below.  After seeing Geoff's mounted lure, my wife demanded that I produce something similar for her.

So, she ended up with a Hot Pink, Pearl White and Midnight Violet 5" Mack Attack.  Still a work in progress. She hasn't 'signed' it yet LOL and I still need to come good with a plaque.

Cheers

Travers
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:01pm
Very nice Travers!
cheers steiny
Ganesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:29pm
Travers, They are very nice, like the pink one
Ganesy
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:32pm
Question Travers is that a whole lure or a 1/2 of a lure....looks good either way,,,,trophies thats what me thinks.....Gary
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by goldtrev68 goldtrev68 wrote:

Question Travers is that a whole lure or a 1/2 of a lure....looks good either way,,,,trophies thats what me thinks.....Gary

They are both whole lures.  The pink one was made for the Barra Packs, that I recently had for sale.  Just a stroke of good luck that I had a lure ready to paint.

The Ghost Violet doesn't show up very well in the photo.  The lure has black stripes and black back, which are over sprayed with Ghost Violet.  The Ghost Violet over black gives an awesome, deep violet colour.  The flash brought the violet out a bit better.

Travers
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:46pm
They look great. I love the violet/pink. It really stands out on the timber mount.
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 5:24am
Pretty smick there Travers,nice gesture for Salami Sam Clap...With Robyn's lure the Plaque should be engraved with "Brownie Points" Big smile

Mick!!!
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 8:58am
Stunning  Thumbs Up
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 7:17pm
Is it Ghost Violet or Lilac Pearl....looks good either way.....Gary
Lionel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
White Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 7:30pm
Great looking lures.......
Craig At View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig At Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 10:24pm
Great idea, awesome lures
Craig Atta-Singh
bkool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 9:40am
They look sick.
Bkool.
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:12am
Top stuff - great present

MXB
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:29pm
OH YEAH, that pretty in pink is hotClap. And a great lure / display for Salami SamThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 7:59pm
I think those two are the nicest displays ive seen,the lures are nicely finished and the grain in that timber is stunning,well done Travers
that's no how ye make porridge!
manny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:11pm
Very nice Travers. ClapClapClap
Manny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic