LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rupes Lures Ironhide - "The Final Timbers"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member
Rupe Gaden - multiple aliases used

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupeslures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rupes Lures Ironhide - "The Final Timbers"
    Posted: 13 May 2014 at 8:17pm
Hi all, as many of you know, last year I spent the money & had a dye set made of my "Ironhide" 65mm shape - making it easier for me to sell to more shops & also do cooler/better finishes (clear, chrome, laser etc)

I had some timber bodies that I'd never finished left over in a tub in the shed that were kind of forgotten about until earlier this year...

I decided to do the work & finish them & make it known they'd be the final timbers. 125 bodies are now finished in 5 colours that I've never done before & will be turned into 25 sets of 5 lures in timber cases with certificates etc.

Tonight I revealed on my Rupes Lures Facebook page the first of the 5 colours which is a tribute to the 'Green Attractor" colour that used to the be the first lure I'd tie on when fishing for natives with Dads old timber rellik-docs

I've been posting regular updates on there throughout the process & will continue to do so, so feel free to follow the action on there...

Here's a pic of the first colour I've revealed - FATAL ATTRACTION

Would like to hear the thoughts of the collectors

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 8:26pm
how much and when?.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
rupeslures View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupeslures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 8:44pm
G'day Mick - will be finished ASAP (probably a few weeks) and unsure of final cost just yet as waiting on bill to arrive from the dude making the timber display boxes for me...

Will probably be in the $125 ballpark with freight included.

constant updates on the Facebook page
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 9:56pm
id be up for a set ....cheers aaron
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupeslures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:07am
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupeslures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:15am
Thanks to all who have sent PM's etc about the sets - nothing for sale yet, will wait until they're all finished & let you know.

Should be about a fortnight I'd say at the rate I'm going now.

Looking like they'll all be placed on eBay as a buy it now option all starting at the same time selling as individual numbered sets. That way if you're more interested in a certain number you can buy that one providing someone else doesn't beat you to it!

Appreciate the interest & feedback in the colours revealed so far, will reveal the next one on Monday or Tuesday night....
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupeslures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 7:33pm
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupeslures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 8:17pm
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupeslures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 8:36pm
5th & Final colour - The Emerald City
Timber boxes are now finished & I'll be assembling these sets as time permits - if you're keen on one just shoot me an email - rupeslures@live.com.au or on my Rupes Lures Facebook page
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 5:10pm
what ever happened with these sets? ordered one , never got it . . . mick
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 6:20am
not a full set but got these yesterday. considering they havn't been made in timber for a while, pretty good i reckon, all timber a few doubles. fish some and put some away, original packets and labelsBig smile. . . .mick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic