LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > North American Fishing Lures > USA Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Circle V lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Circle V lures
    Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:38pm
I was very happy to see my fishing mate, Flacco, safely home from the US, but when he presented me with a pack of lures from Verlon, I was ecstatic Big smile.

A frog skin, a trout skin, a couple of foils and even one with 'bling'.  Also a couple of spinner baits from one of Verlon's mates.  

My Circle V collection looks like this, now.

Now, all I have to do is find time to fish these little masterpieces Big smile

Thanks Verlon. Your craftsmanship is impressive and your generosity is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Travers
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 12:18am
Travers

Very nice they look awsome Clap

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:22am
Travers, I am glad you like them, but my lures are crude compared to the master pieces that I have received from Aussie luremakers including yourself.
Verlon
Baitman
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 6:50pm
Don't sell yourself short Verlon - your lures are great and I wince every time I tie one on.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by CircleVbaits CircleVbaits wrote:

Travers, I am glad you like them, but my lures are crude compared to the master pieces that I have received from Aussie luremakers including yourself.
Verlon

Verlon, you should never call your lures 'crude'.  The skin covered are sensational.  I wish that I was talented enough to produce these sorts of lures.  

My wife has taken a shine to the Studded Stud lure. It might be just what I need to entice her to come fishing with me, although I'm not sure that she would be too happy about casting it into the water!

I'm keen to see Gary's photos of your workshop and lure making Big smile

Cheers

Travers

ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:39pm
Verlon, I was extremely pleased by the lures you sent me. As I discussed with you before, if I possessed even a tenth of the talent then I would be content. Your lures have their own flare to them, especially your crays with frog skin. Hey at least your modest, if I was you, my head would be so big I wouldn't be able to walk out my front door!

Great catch Powell, now you need to post some pictures with fish hanging off them!

Also you have to love the combination of aussie bibs and American cranks.
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 4:21pm
I am fortunate enough to have some of Verlons amazing lures, I have caught many fish on them Clap but like the rest of you guys my hand gets a bit shaky putting one on as fear of losing it is real Cry
Verlon you ARE  a master craftsman mate, not only with your lures but the wood carvings that I have seen lately that you have done is mind blowing 59OhYeah

Cheers Flacco the grateful Ying Yang
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 9:26am
I had a very pleasant surprise in the mail yesterday from the hillbilly himself Verlon , WOW they are sooooo beautiful thankyou so much mate I love them

Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 11:43am
Glad you like them Gary.
Verlon
Baitman
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 12:23pm
Hard not to love your lure mate...you do do outstanding work,,,Gary
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by RAVA RAVA wrote:

I had a very pleasant surprise in the mail yesterday from the hillbilly himself Verlon , WOW they are sooooo beautiful thankyou so much mate I love them

Well, who's a lucky boy?  Big smile  Great looking set of lures from our Tennessee friend.  certainly a good incentive to jump on a plane and visit the hillbilly LOL

Well done, Verlon.  Fantastic looking lures Thumbs Up

Cheers

Travers
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Powelly Powelly wrote:

Originally posted by RAVA RAVA wrote:

Thanks Travers, maybe I'm trying to get him to plan another visit.
Regards,
Verlon

Well, who's a lucky boy?  Big smile  Great looking set of lures from our Tennessee friend.  certainly a good incentive to jump on a plane and visit the hillbilly LOL

Well done, Verlon.  Fantastic looking lures Thumbs Up

Cheers

Travers
Baitman
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 12:16am
very nice I like emClap
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 8:55am
Flacco the tailor on the chew pack that box and I'll pick you up. I received a beaut travel pack as well and Verlon your lures are brilliant.
Flapper Man
David
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 12:43pm
Thanks Flapper Man, hope you catch your limit in tailors.
Verlon
Baitman
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 6:31pm
61Dave I am not using these on tailor 58I have other ones of Verlon's that will do that nicely for me, also yours, mine, Travers' and prob and old Newell or two or something  similar Shocked Wink

Cheers Flacco Ying Yang
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 11:39am
When Gazman was over in the good ol'e US of A last month, Powelly and I chatted with him and Verlon at the Circle V Ranch in Jacksboro on Skype.

Great chat and good to meet n greet 'live to air' but was totally surprised when this foil covered shad with bling, turned up in the post yesterday...Shocked

Studded Tennessee Stud... ballsie Verlon, simply ballsie (aussie slang for excellent) ha ha

Strict orders from Verlon to get this wet !!!!Cry.... will a spray n wipe pass muster ????

Many thanks Circle Vee Baitman - your topsClap

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 9:09pm
Nice one there Wadey , and I can tell you that pattern catches fish Thumbs Up Verlon does such a great job it is a shame to get em wetCry but that's what they are for WinkOhYeah

Cheers Flacco Ying Yang

Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 9:37pm
Well, the mail man delivered something very unexpected, today.  Verlon hinted that I might be receiving something in the mail, but I didn't expect this ...........

Yep, the Rattlesnake Scorpion.  Those 2 Scorpion blanks were for Verlon to apply his skills to a uniquely Australian lure.  I wasn't expecting it to boomerang back home!

Absolutely sensational and very much appreciated, Verlon. ClapClapClap

Cheers

Travers
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 10:12pm
Love that one Travers....awesome!
cheers steiny
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:13am
that's just beautiful,its got to be one of the rarest scorps in the world nice work boys
that's no how ye make porridge!
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:07pm
Glad you Mates like them.
Verlon
Baitman
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 4:33pm
61Award59OhYeah

What else can I say awesome !!!!!!!

Cheers Flacco the impressed Ying Yang
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 5:52pm
Awesome Verlon - just awesome - love itClap
Martin-

River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 9:12am
As always pure brilliance,
David
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 7:51pm
Well, now I'm just embarrassed Embarrassed ............. but very happy Big smile

Two days ago, the Rattlesnake Scorpion arrived and, today, another parcel from Verlon arrived.  He told me that he was sending me a Scorpion that he had made from Balsa, with an Ollie bib. Bloody big parcel to house one lure!  I was stoked to find the boxed Trout Set in that parcel. ClapClapClapClap

I can't wait to give that Scorpion a swim.  Verlon informs me that it has a great wobble. This might be the incentive that I need to get away from cutting bibs, twisting wires and gluing lures!

I wonder if I can drag Flacco away from his Origami, Reiki, Funny Farming or whatever it is that he does in those white pyjamas? 

A huge thank you from me, Verlon Thumbs Up

Cheers

Travers
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 6:17pm
Nice set, lucky fella PowellyClap
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic