Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Joe Flint
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Latest update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest update
    Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 11:30pm
We visited Joe yesterday to catch up with him and see how he's been travelling? He says apart from a double heart bypass and being diagnosed with bowel cancer, he was doing fine!! LOL
He hasn't made any lures for nearly two years but hopes to start making shavings soon... Wink He still has a few lures in stock and my mate grabbed a small blue "Dempster" style and an unpainted one that I've painted for him in his favourite Flathead colour.
But he reckons he's starting to heal and has done two fishing trips in the past month. He even got to fish in his own boat with the help of a good mate but can't use the pull starter since his op! At the moment he's looking for an electric starter motor to make life easier. I'll have to find out the make and model and see if anyone can help him with his search.
 It was great to catch up with him and to find he hasn't lost his sense of humour. He reckons you can't kill an old cowboy unless you cut his head off and hide it where he can't find it... ShockedLOL
We didn't leave empty handed and left with a jar of his famous Mango chutney and a jar of pickled Chillis that he says you can weld with! Shocked Chutney was great on our sangas but we're not game to try the hot stuff yet.Ouch

Fysshe
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 9:47am
Nice report Ian, good to see Joe up and about again ,hope all goes well for him.Nice paint job on the pink/white lure .
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 10:31am
Lovely little lures, bugger !! I want some now LOL.

All the best Joe.
Gristy
Lionel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
White Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 10:59am
Great to hear hope you make a full recovery......
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 2:26pm
Say hi to Joe from me Ian
cheers steiny
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 2:39pm
Ian, sounds like the chillies are like his "Hinchinbrook" Mash he makes up ,Cruel Stuff that , but good mmmmmmmmmmm
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
flintlures View Drop Down
Flint Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flintlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 11:00am
Thanks Ian for the report, couldn't get around to it myself. 

I've started making a few lures lately.

I've got some different timbers coming from out west; Mulga, beefwood and miall plus some others. Call around when you get a chance, I should have some to give you!
I'm hoping to make some nice nudes out of this timber. 

I'm glad you enjoyed the mango chutney! haha
You can try the chilli's, but make sure you have a couple of drinks in you first!

Cheers, Joe
Hurtle (Joe)Flint
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic