LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Destinations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Charleston

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShawnKeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charleston
    Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 7:13am
well im from South Carolina so naturally id have to say Charleston. ecellent fishing out in the harbor or if you go up one of the rivers the freshwater is great as well! caught some real nice largemouth up int he Cooper River.

some of my favorite things round here are the largemouth up in the rivers, the redfish out in the harbor, the sheepheads under the docks and of course the flounder! in general, Charleston, SC is great fishing
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:07am
I am in agreement with you Shawn.
Charleston is a fantastic destination.
There is a wide and varied fishing options, in and around the city itself, and adjacent blue water as well.
I didn't get much of a chance to wet a line when I was there, as the weather had turned for the worse, but my wife & I did get to learn some of the amazing history and see sites that are a part of Charleston.
We did manage to sample some of the fantastic seafood harvested in the area at Hymans Restuarant on Market St.
(The crab cakes are to die for.)
Drinks while overlooking the river from Fleets Landing Bar at sunset, were equally unforgettable.
As a fishing destination, this place has it all.
Plenty of options for the fisherman, and so much to keep the non-angling members of your party happy that has got to be a win-win for everyone.

Allan
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 11:26am
I like the look of your redfish, looks a lot like our jewfish / mulloway. They are commonly a very shallow water fish arn't they? Or are they like our jewfish and found at all depths?
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
ShawnKeller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShawnKeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 12:17pm
redfish can be found at alot of depths... ive had sucsess using igs on the bottom, topwater plugs and med water spinnerbaits and its just a matter of finding them
D.Dads View Drop Down
Ron Davies Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.Dads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 7:19pm
it wood be great to be there fishing sounds great Ron
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 7:25pm
Any pics of these redfish?
cheers steiny
ShawnKeller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShawnKeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 2:31am

this is a pretty nice red i caught not too long ago. i look like a goon in this particular picture though
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 6:14pm
Nice photo- hey we are fishermen / people here and we are interested in the fish - beside I look like a goon when I'm chuffed with a good fishWacko.

They do look a lot like our mulloway - made differences being the colour- ours are silver, at the tail- ours has a paddle shaped tail.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic