LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Art of Fly Tying
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fly line Rejuvenation (how is it done nowadays)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fly line Rejuvenation (how is it done nowadays)
    Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 7:26pm
The last 6/8 ft of a floating fly line needs a lift do you still use Mr Sheen sprayed in a cloth or is there something else out there to refresh it..

I also need to stretch it due to the prolong rest period it has had on the spool.

Regards John

Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 8:19pm
John I use a product called glide, bit exy but worth it. I should be available at a shop near Cooma.

The way I use is get an old double slide box cut a groove at both ends and glue in some sponge, your missus wont miss it.

Spray the glide inside the box close it over the fly line and pull the line thru it a couple of times, leave it for a few minutes then polish it off, you get extra distance in your casting.

Big-Pete
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 9:17pm
Thanks Big Pete

Chemist,  hardware or tackle shop .Visiting Cooma tomorrow

Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 9:18pm
Tackle shop.

the dangler

Pete
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 9:20pm
Thanks  mate
GBG View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 8:21pm
John regarding the need for stretching I guess you are referring to the 'coiling' effect after a long spell on the spool.

I was advised to lay it out out straight in the sun for a few hours to take the memory out of it.

Gordon
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 9:33pm
Thanks Gordon will give it a try
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic