LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Trevor McFeeters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One off or tee off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One off or tee off
    Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 9:07am
Just putting these photos in McFeeters section as well as whatever.

I had often heard the story about cod and golf balls and a friend approached Trevor to make one for him years ago. He came out to visit on the weekend and gave me the lure so Monday I had Trevor sign it for me. He recognised it straight away.
The bib has been pinned and as you can see it's Trevor's towpoint.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 9:18am
Does it actually swim? Confused

It's an amazing feat to be able to cut a bib slot into a golf ball, let alone glue a bib into it.Thumbs Up

I hope Trevor made 2 of those things. Tony P  is going to be knocking the door down looking for another one LOL

Cheers

Travers
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 9:40am
It would be great in fluro colours. I was told that it cast straight-right across the river into the opposite paddock.
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 7:24pm
I remember this one was made for Russell Wasn't it?
Keith mc
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 7:50pm
G'day Keith

I thought that you might have picked up the Stanley knife and taken over Trevor's dynasty.

Nice to see you on the site and keeping an eye on the old man's lures.

Cheers

Travers
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 8:03pm
Hi Travers,
How are you and the family going? It's been while, I see you are still carving away.
I'm just into collecting a few now days, that taking a big peice of wood and making it small isn't for me!!
Take care
Keith
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 10:21pm
Reeckon if I cast the bloody thing, it would slice to right, and end up snagged in the trees for sure!
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
bkool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 1:10am
But does it swim?
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 9:00am
BKool, to make this specimen Trevor had to slice the ball and glue and pin bib. When Russell picked it up he had to see if it came up to par. He drove down a rough track and headed for the water feature as he unloaded the ute he looked around for a caddy but none to be seen. He tied on that lure and cast it towards the other side of the river, thankful that the river was full because he'd sliced that lure and it sawed like a birdie, no an eagle. It plopped into the water, barely missing the green grass on the bank and sank like a stone. Lucky even to be able to get that back from the bottom of the river he headed back to town to go to the club.......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic