LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covering all angles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covering all angles
    Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 6:16pm
I have decided to sell all the Japanese/Chinese lures I have here and from now on I intend to fish mostly with Australian made lures in particularly those made from timber. 
I am looking for makers that sell poppers/paddlers for bass. I have a few Gidgee ripple poppers here, I have ordered this week some from Twitchy and BOBS. Are there other good bass poppers/paddlers I should be looking at, remember they have to be Aussie made?
I have a heap of plastic whiting poppers here, I see Lofty makes a whiting popper, are there others?
Lastly I have sold alot of bream lures- berkley- atomics- cranka. I have a few Jonesy foam bream lures here, who else makes these smaller lures in timber? I see on here that people rate the Powell Minnow, and I suppose the Macleay buster might be the go?
I have heaps of cod and bass diving lures here and cod poppers. But I am looking for some two piece body cod and bass lures any recommendations?

Going Aussie made as some makers at the Expo commented that I should fish the lures instead of collecting them so I have made the decision to fish and collect Aussie made as those Japenese/ Chinese lures will never grow in value as I fish them..

Cheers

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 6:26pm
Kingfisher make a jointed cod walker - seem to work pretty good.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 6:40pm
bryan power does a great surface lure in a couple of sizes- THE PHANTOM. GOOD FOR BASS AND COD.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 6:47pm
Have a look at nutterjucks clickers, he makes beautiful lures, and has done for over 20 years.
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 6:55pm
Sel, have a look in my fishaholiclures facebook pics, there might be something in there that fits the bill.

Brad

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 7:31pm
Nutters walkers are the stuff of legend. But released in small numbers you have to be on the ball when a batch comes through. Twitchy have a couple of different walkers with different profiles that all work well.

For smaller divers for bream and bass (40-70mm) - in no particular order:
- Running Creek Lures (shared stand with Aaron at expo - but no idea how to contact him? bugger - because his herring shape swims like a champ)
- Nicho - aussie timber lures made to be fished for bass.
- Mencho had some ripper little patterns at the expo. (Way too cheap. But I didn't complain when I stocked up.)
- Twitchy
- Kuttafurra

I'm almost hesitant to post for fear of offending someone I've forgotten...
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 12:22am
Peter Standing of honeyhole lures makes a fantastic jointed bass paddler Sel
that's no how ye make porridge!
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 12:52pm
Oh - for small bass poppers we all need to peer pressure Ash (Next Bend Lures) to ramp up production...
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 6:46pm
Thanks for the replies, you have all given me some options. No one mentioned Taylor Made lures? Are they Hand made Timber and Australian made, some of their lures look good for bass and bream.

Thanks all

Cheers

Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

bryan power does a great surface lure in a couple of sizes- THE PHANTOM. GOOD FOR BASS AND COD.....mick

I have searched the Power Lures Section, does any one have a picture of one?

Cheers

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 6:53pm
SEL taylor made make a fantastic bunch of surface lures for bass in cool designs &colour pattensWinkWinkClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smileregards bob
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Nativeman Nativeman wrote:

[QUOTE=rodsncods]bryan power does a great surface lure in a couple of sizes- THE PHANTOM. GOOD FOR BASS AND COD.....mick

Cheers

[/look in the using members only section , my son is in photo with a codQUOTE]
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Nativeman Nativeman wrote:

Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

Cheers

Sel I`ll do whatever size you like, all the surface lures I do are called Phantom, style of body, NORUM, sizes 70/90/120 or if you want something done that you like let me know, I`ll take some pictures and put them up in Power lures, cheers Bryan.
HANDCARVED and HANDMADE TIMBER LURES
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 9:57am
Fassbukas do ok....might be pics in my stall...

Im doing same thing sel....out with the plastics...as i never use them.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Padgey Padgey wrote:

Sel I`ll do whatever size you like, all the surface lures I do are called Phantom, style of body, NORUM, sizes 70/90/120 or if you want something done that you like let me know, I`ll take some pictures and put them up in Power lures, cheers Bryan.

Thanks Bryan you're a legend, but I was going to bother you for a while. I would like for you to have your hand completely healed..but if you could put a picture up, I would be more than happy,,

Cheers 

Sel 

bushwacker View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:18am
Ducks mate.. Bushwacker is Running Creek Lures....

will be loading up leftovers in for sale section later
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:44am
Didn't get back to you Bushwacker about a few of your lures. Will have to rectify thatThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 10:31am
Originally posted by bushwacker bushwacker wrote:

Ducks mate.. Bushwacker is Running Creek Lures....

will be loading up leftovers in for sale section later

Well, there you have it!
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 12:26pm
Matey Maurie Marsden of Marz lures makes everything you asked for in this thread....regards B.J.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 6:17pm
Sel, got a clear weekend (so far) so will be attacking your lures in the morning. Those other fellas must have hundreds of blanks just lying about ready to finish Confused

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 7:21pm
All cool Brad, I have given Barney an order too, I have time, its good just means your lures will get soaked last, absolute no hurry, down at Texas in the morning so trying some larger lures, Gob Smack and D & S, plus some Terry Marshall, Power, Deep River, Gidgee and more. 

Loving the timber lures, plastic has almost gone. I have some more Timbers on order. Have orders outstanding from you, Deep River and Gob Smack. Lofty is sending me some beautiful creations over the weekend and I have bought some mixed lots on the FB swap page. Still need to get some Kuttafurra and more. Will spend about 80 a week on lures for a few months to build up again. Funny to walk into Charltons Tackle shop and buy not one lure as they only have plastic lures. That's ok, i hope to pick up more from makers here. As I said cod this weekend, salt next week and bass mid week again soon as the days are getting longer. 

So Brad again no rushThumbs Up
GBG View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 7:35pm
Looks like you are going to be busy for a while mate. I am sure you would have seen Nicho's as you came in the door of the Expo. One of the many great surface lure makers.

Great to see you blokes preferring to wave another persons flag. A nice bunch of blokes.

Does Barney have surface lures, bugger, how come I don't have one.

Have fun hey
Gordon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic