Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Attack
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

90s Attacks V Current Attacks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 90s Attacks V Current Attacks
    Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 3:39pm
Going through my collection, I have a good handful of Attacks from the mid to late 90s. They were the gun flathead lure for trolling on top of the flats at high tide.

Are the current attacks that are readily available in tackle shops any different from the 90s models? All mine have the circle under the bib.

Just wondering if the oldies are worth collecting or not?

Thanks,

Matt
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 6:04pm
Matt, Laurie (oldman) thinks so. He is always looking for them (mini scorpion style) to fill holes in his collection. I think the main difference in telling them apart is the bib shape, the circle, sometimes the eyes and the quality of the paint work...Laurie can probably shed more on the subject.

Brad

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 7:09pm
Thanks Brad, I look forward to Laurie finding this and commenting.

Here are mine, just eight and a few double ups on the side to swap maybe?

Cheers,

Matt
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 9:25pm
G'day Matt, and welcome to the site.
Most of these lures are the same as those currently being made.
Bottom left and two bottom centre (painted bibs) are older ones.
I remember a few Attacks having broken bibs back in the old days, and think that the thicker bibs were a result of fixing that problem.
There is a "generation" missing in your pic, when Dan went to the thicker bib he painted the bibs for some time (possibly only a short time)  as they are not as easy to find.
Laurie.
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 10:41pm
Hi Laurie,

Thanks for that! You really know your Attacks! It makes sense to me, those older three have the most battle scars, and were used the most back in the nineties on flathead. The others I may have bought a bit later.

Cheers,

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic