LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > Classifieds > Lures Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mal Florence lures Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ftp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mal Florence lures Wanted
    Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 10:12pm
When I was a child of about 9 years old I used to get Mal Florence videos out from Toowong Video Flicks in Brisbane. He totally sold me on fishing and I used to play Marlin and shark fishing games with my brothers in my Dad's pool after watching these videos. I never realised that he made lures??? If someone had one or two that they would be happy to part with (I am happy to pay for the cost and postage) that would make my year! This guy changed how I saw fishing. It doesn't matter if they are in good bad or indifferent condition as long as Mal had something to do with them. Great Whites of Dangerous reef was one of my great childhood memories and just the thought of those beasts made me swim faster through the mighty Brisbane river....

Thanks,

Richard
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 11:13pm
Richard, I have a number of different models in the swap box, I'll pm you some pics if you like.
Mal didn't actually make the lures, the designs were his and he had them made by another company.
He certainly got a few people into fishing, and his videoas were always entertaining. Seems strange but when you talked to him one on one he wasn't nearly as loud LOL but when he talked it was with purpose and one learned a lot if you listened.
Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:23am
I did quite a few trips with Mal chasing big bass in Wivenhoe Dam , very much enjoyed his company , he still used an old sigma baitcaster and was very accurate with it , i can remember one trip it was so hot we decided to hang of the boat in the water , i said i hope theres no duck lice here , he said whats duck lice , when we started getting bitten on the you no what we got out rather quickly LOL, he was a fantastic bloke , cheers pearcey
lfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:59am
Anthony Florence "one of Mal's sons" lives here in Townsville and may be able to help you with a few old lures. You can get in contact with him through the Tville Game Club maybe. Of note....Anthony just won the 2014 Game fishing Tournament this week for small boat division, must be in the blood eh.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 10:11am
Hi Richard

I have moved your message to the Lures Wanted classifieds section, the individual Luremakers forums (e.g. Mal Florence Lures section) are specifically or discussing and sharing information about the makers and their lures. For sale and wanted posts go here in the free classifieds section. Thumbs Up

p.s. Congratulations to Anthony, you could be right lfc Clap

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:11pm
Richard, here's what I found in the swap boxes, an almost complete collection of Mals plastic lures including a couple of "rare as" sets. The Masta Blasta's are 2nd generation moulded by Lively Lures in poly foam and 3rd generation hollow plastic made by Refined Lure Tech.
Let me know if you want any or all.

Cheers Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Northernangler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northernangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 7:02pm
I was lucky enough to do a few movies with Mal. I was also involved in driving the various boats that we used filming the videos. Mal was about the first to use sound on film as it happened. Before his ventures most fishing film was "voice over", as no one used sound recorders till Mal came along. He amazed me with his audio work, Mark would just say "OK Mal, we're running, and Mal would do his Bit with only one take.
He died 18 years ago this month. 15/9/1996
He will never be forgotten by his mates in Townsville.
if's and shoulda's don't count
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic