LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Killalure
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lure age

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scrubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lure age
    Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 7:04pm
Hello All,

Would anyone have any info regarding this lure. I was given it by my father-in-law, and he is unsure when he purchased it. Given the price... and backward mapping inflation i'm guessing it can't be that old.
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 7:10pm
Dave Killalea frequents the site mate and should be able to give you the good oil,nice old.lure in its packaging
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 7:40pm
I would have said between 1984 and 1988 was pretty good.

Cheers, Jim
gimme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 7:54pm
We used to pay about that price in the mid to late eighites ( from the Lounds on Boundary Street ) but I don't know the age of the lure.
Plastic is for storing lures, not making them.
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 10:08pm
I've just given the age.

Cheers, Jim
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 7:46am
very nice lure mat, love the colour and of coarse the fact that it is still in its packet
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 12:48pm
Can even tell you where your father purchased, Rod & Rifle was the name of Warren DeWiths original tackle store in Katherine N.T. around the mid-80's. So ties in nicely with Jim's timeline.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic