LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Tackle > General Tackle Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prismatic Wonderlure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prismatic Wonderlure
    Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 9:11pm
Captain Cranky located this unusual item and it has found a new home at Lake Eucumbene.

I wondered if it may have been part of the Wonder Wobbler family.

A the bottom refer to Wonderlure

Any body happen to have any more information.By the packaging appears 50's style script and design
Made in Australia

Unfortunately have not seen it advertised in any of the early Australian Catalogues from the 50's or the earlier fishing mags

Nothing on reverse.

Regards John

murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm
John, I have one of these which has the stainless steel wire (see bottom left hand corner) single blade spinner with an unusual brass snap swivel tow. Stapled to the card with 2 of the 3 original flies.
Someone has played around as there is a mix of original and new staples. Came to me with a loose spinner (missing the snap swivel) with a brown fly connected.
One would assume the card came with 1 spinner and 3 flies.
Wonder was started by a US serviceman who married an Aussie girl so it's possibly even late 40s.
Very flimsy wire and snap (probably why my loose spinner doesn't have the snap) so any fish over half a pound would wreck it and wouldn't have been a successful seller.
Jim
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:29pm
Thanks Jim for the addition info

A  Golden oldie

Regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic