LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally underway!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally underway!
    Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 5:41pm
After slowly putting together the stuff I think I need to make a reasonably fist of making lures again, I got stuck into doing some bodies today.

They aren't Rolls Royce quality yet but I'm fairly happy with the outcome so far. They're certainly better than the near enough methods I used to use years ago.

I might give the carpentry caper a miss for a couple of days and give the skin I've sanded off the tips of my left thumb and index finger a chance to grow back! LOL  Wire forming, gluing and sealing should keep me busy.

Today's effort....

bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 6:23pm
Nice shapes mate looking forward to seeing the finished product. Regards Chris
Slothy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 6:44pm
*Doh* I managed to leave the second image out! Embarrassed
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 6:53pm
Good classic shapes and bib placement, should turn out OK. Keep us updated...
Fysshe
Slothy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 7:49pm
Thanks guys!

I figured I'd kick off with a couple of reliable types that dont need much finesse and I know work well for me.

Those smaller ones will be the last time I use pine!  The inconsistent hardness across the grain is a PITA and I'm really liking the Mahogany tomato stakes to work with. 
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 10:18pm
Great looking lures, keen to see what's next
Angus
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 11:55pm
They look good. Interesting little dremal saw you have there.
whipit
Slothy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 10:22am
Originally posted by whipit whipit wrote:

They look good. Interesting little dremal saw you have there.

I'm pretty happy with it at this stage.

It seems to handle the tomato stakes ok and pine's a breeze. It also does a good job on poly bibs. It'll do light gauge metal as well, but I haven't tried that yet.

I went with it because most of the lures I'm likely to be doing aren't particularly big and I dont see myself wanting to knock stuff out in big numbers.  I think something a bit bigger and more robust would be needed there.  I'd probably want a bandsaw if I needed to go that way.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic