LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stalker Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stalker Lures
    Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 6:20am
John Langley from Kyogle Northern NSW has been making timber lures for a lot of years. He uses white beech and started with alum or tin bibs as he calls them, then went to Perspex. Photo 1 is an oldie to which might answer someone's unknown. No 2 styles that are available. John and wife Lyn sell from home or do boot sales under Lismore Square and market days.
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 4:08pm
Awesome looking lures there Debbie - thanks for showing

MXB
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 4:18pm
Debbie

I have 3 of his lures I meet him at the first expo a good bloke to talk to,and nice lures I like em

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:37am
John signed the old barra lure for me
monty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 3:53pm
I have used many of his lures s1 s2 and s3's with great success on bass and yellow belly.Spoke with him a few weeks back and still going strong.
MONTY
NQ FISH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ FISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 10:32pm
Hi Debbie
I came across John and Lyn at the Lismore car boot market at Christmas time. I had never meet him before and to stand there and have a long chat with him & Lyn was awesome true blue country people that make you welcome they invited us to there house for morning tea any time which hopefully will happen next time I am down that way. Small world turns out there son in law was a bloke I played rugby union with and against a few years ago on the far north coast. Champion couple good to see him get a mention.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 7:57pm
I bought a few lures from them at the expo...same paint as the centre lure in daves pic, trout pattern, awesome lures great action.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 2:44pm
I went to the Lismore markets today to give John photos of captures on his lures. Lyn was there manning the stall as John was at a big bore rifle range getting ready for his annual pig hunt out Cunnamulla way in a few weeks time (in his 80's and chasing after pigs with a rifle and pistolStarStarStar).

These are some my lures of John's, I have others in my tackle box(es).
John doesn't make these jewfish lures anymore, pity because they have an awesome action and he doesn't make the tiger minnow either-

Another lure he doesn't make anymore is this little flat topped model-

Next photos are his current range -

This is a new model, apparently he is working on another model as well-

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 2:59pm
Pity he no longer makes that minnow in Deb's first post, it's a cracker. Lends a lot to Henry Hall's very early round-bibbed BarraKings. Would love one of those for my collection Wink.
Have one of his latter models, picked up at the 2012 expo. Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
NQ FISH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ FISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 11:45pm
Nice collection Martin. Thanks for sharing
Bad days fishing is better than a good days work
Cheers chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic