LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Catching Fish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catching Fish
    Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:14pm
The right honourable T.Powelly (retired) parted with a few examples of his fine handiwork for me to abuse or loose on a recent trip to Booroloola Nt -  King Ash Bay.

I also took a 99 other lures and flys but thru no fault of the makers or the angler (Cry), good old Cyclone Lam changed our plans - dramatically.

NO BARRA were to be seen for 500 square kilometres as C.Lam held a grip on the run out tides for 2 days that allowed the fresh from headwaters to enter the MacArthur and other river systems. Lam finally decided to move on and the returning tide was joined by 1200/1500mm of tidal surge that subsequently flooded the entire area for 100 square klms.Angry

Not deterred, we flogged the water to foam, trolled, prayed and even had an involuntary swim to get the boat off a mud bank - all to no avail.

Finally his black n gold moogerah minnow broke our duck, not once but 3 or 4 times

flowery cod

barracuda x 5

Mangrove Jack

Needless to say, the other lures all got a swim, but the water was void of any thing except catfish and crocs.

I did manage this 7 kilo milkfish on fly that turned out to be the trip saviour.

Thanks Travers - top lures that worked in very trying conditions..cheers Clap

wadey (I am going Back)

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:23pm
awesome milkfish wadey well done bet it gave you some
Steve r
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 3:03pm
Nice report Gary
Gotta be happy with that Travers
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 3:48pm
The good old Moogerah Minnow was a bit of a favourite for trolling Bass in Moogerah Dam, but who would have thought that it would be subjected to the chomp of a Barracuda Confused

Wadey showed me the lure last week and, despite a few puncture marks, looks ready and willing to do to all again.

Well done, Wadey.  Nice photos, too Thumbs Up

Cheers

Travers
dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 8:35pm
Nice milk fish Gary.I heard they run hard.Bet that had the hart racing.
gdm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic