LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beer's Plugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 9:04am
Bloody fantastic seeing a trout hitting it and good job on that purple colourClap

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
beer-breath View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 3:20am
never would have thought that NOT fishing would/could save my life.
southern BC is having major flooding everywhere, due to a very late/long spring with much more rain than normal and a later-than-normal snow-melt. roads are closing everywhere due to slides across them or washing right out completely. many evacuations with more all the time. flooding all over.
we went for a big, long, all-day drive yesterday, knowing I would be busy today. for about the last 10 years, I have made sure to be fishing at my lake on May 5, cinqo-de-mayo. and if I couldn't be there for that particular day, I always made sure to be there for the closest weekend. I usually make it a 3-4 day trip, and I found a beautiful, private little spot where I can get down to launch my boat, with just enough room for my truck and trailer to park and camp on the shore's edge. it's a wicked spot that almost nobody seems to know about. in all my time I have been going there, several times a year for a decade or so, I have only ever found another vehicle there once. this year is my first year that I have broke that tradition and not been there during this week/weekend. the season is way behind this year, being so much colder and wetter than normal. I figured this would also be affecting the fishing, so I had planned a later trip, planning to go for next weekend. I knew the rivers and creeks are flushing later this season, and that's the timing I try to target.
with a free day yesterday, I decided to go for a drive, and the farther I went, I figured I might as well continue on to my lake and see how it was looking. the road off the highway skirts along the far side of the lake, going through small communities and houses all along the shores. going farther, the communities end and the lakeshore houses dwindle. eventually there are no more homes, and a bit farther is where I camp. the road turns to dirt where the homes end, and as I approached there, I wasn't that surprised to see tape across the road and a security car parked there. the road was closed, because a big slide came down and took the road out. the way he explained where it was, I knew that spot all too well. it's the spot where I camp, and would have been on every previous year than now. another thing that makes that spot so special, is that a run-off creek flows in right there, it's literally feet away from where I launch my boat and my truck parks. all the snow-pack from up above feeds this creek. so apparently, it seems like my spot just got wiped out and buried. as I turned around and drove away, I started to realize what could have been. any other year, I would have been parked/camped right there, on these exact days. if it happened at night, I would have been asleep in the back of my jeep, and swept/buried right into the lake. if it happened during the day, my truck and trailer would have been destroyed, but I would have been out on the lake fishing, as I head out at first light and don't come back until dark.
I will know for sure, if it was indeed my exact spot, when I head back there for next weekend. but, that might be delayed also, as we are having some sunny days until Thursday, but then it's supposed to be rain for many days after that. so that area might not even open back up.
I just hope someone else wasn't camped there this weekend. at another spot on the lake, another slide wiped through a house and the owner is still missing. and in another town, the fire chief went missing and was believed to have been swept away in a flooded creek, as that's where his still-running truck was found. it actually just now came over the TV that he was just located and they are working on a body-recovery.
and after visiting my lake yesterday, I realize how lucky I may have been. i'm now not so upset about having to break my cinqo-de-mayo tradition this year.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 4:47pm
Gee BB, you got to be lucky sometimesShocked
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
stickleback View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickleback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:54pm
Mother nature - RESPECT!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic