LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Norm Edwards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini Norm Edwards boofhead?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini Norm Edwards boofhead?
    Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:45pm
I have this little guy my old man picked from a auction in townsville that came with a BK lure, boyseys, lees, wild river and a couple more
It looks to be made from western red cedar! The sunrise stripe pattern looks like norms and the paint also. I have done a hot pin test with another experienced collector so it's not plastic and he said he would be surprised if it wasn't a Edwards. Here it is hope someone likes it! Cheers

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
If your not first ur last!
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 8:41am
certainly looks.like a Norm Edwards lure.
the fish aren't art critics
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 9:26am
One pic can be a little misleading,I had a good look at this lure pre-auction. The eyes are crook, the bib is strange and the timber under the paint is rough as guts with dints and flaws. Not Norm Edwards quality, Boysey copy in my opinion.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 9:59am
Interesting lure for sure!

Do I see a wild river in the background Mick?
cheers steiny
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:01am
Yes mate, but it was pretty chopped up, that and the doubt about the Chirpy was enough to make me steer clear of placing a bid.
Caseyt36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:45am
Wow thanks guys! The positive feed back on this little fella is amazing! Boysey copy.. Anyone else see boysey in this little guy? I'm no expert but if this were a boysey it would be his best paint job? The bib looks to be filed down, I haven't seen a Edwards copy this good befor My Opinion!
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:20am
I have a Boysey Boofhead complete with dot. Keith was well known for doing replicas and you are selling him short suggesting that this paint job is better than anything he ever did.
Caseyt36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:44am
We all know Keith's lures arnt norm Edwards quality don't let that come as a surprise.
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:35pm
T know you want this lure to be an Edwards, but have a good look at the eye, timber and paint. This lure is not refined enough to be an Edwards. Sorry, but you are looking through rose coloured grasses.
Caseyt36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 2:42pm

You really don't want it to be an Edwards do you? It cost me nothing and of course I would it's a great little lure, I'm glad the old man didn't steer clear from such an interesting lure and the great lures it came with! the evidence is there, For a second opinion not yours! I do not trust your opinions, I lost the trust when discovering that you blocked me on Facebook when I have never spoken to or met you before, now tell me. Was that a jealous move or a strategic move? When Others have welcomed me with open hands and given me great help from the start.
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:18pm
Not sure whats going on here but this is going off topic at a rate of knots.

Back to the lure ad seeing the underneath shot fr the first time the bib shape doesn't correlate to any Edwards I've seen.  Being away from home im reliant on memory but it is a different shape.  Can excuse the eye have seen some non perfect ones but hangers look ok maybe a bit of doubt on the front eyelet but thats ater seeing the bib.

If theres some bad blood between the two of you please keep it off the site I appreciate we have differences but the only trolling on here should be in regards to lures.
the fish aren't art critics
Caseyt36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caseyt36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 6:00pm
My apologies and thanks for your profession help and honesty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic