Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > C Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who made these?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who made these?
    Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:21pm
Any one able to tell me who made these?  (you out there,Carl)

OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:27pm
Laurie,
I am certainly no expert but I am pretty sure neither are by Carl, top one looks like a Selwyn and the other could be Selwyn of Bruce Rampton. My opinion only.
Cheers,

Gavin
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:40pm
I wasn't expecting them to be Carl's….I am just hoping he will tell ALL of us why.
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 6:16pm
Hi Laurie
I wouldn't think Carl either, I'm thinking Bruce Rampton, i've some known Bruce's however I'm travelling and can't compare them till the weekend when I get home. I'm in Wurrumiyanga (Bathurst Island) at the minute and have been in Milikapiti and Pirlangimpi on Melville Island earlier in the week, all work and no play I'm afraid   
Cheers Steve
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 6:44pm
Laurie,
The best I can do is, the bottom one is a "Headmaster" name by Bruce Rampton who is/was a school teacher and the top one is a modified version of a Cooktown Tiger but that shape was not one made by Carl. If you can compare the top one to an original C Lure Cooktown Tiger, the original is "flatter" along the belly and has a bigger "bump" on the forehead, if that makes sense. That's all I know, sorry.
Cheers,

Gavin
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 6:56pm
Thanks Fella's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic