Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Barra King
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BarraKings May2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BarraKings May2015
    Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:41am
G'day All, just thought I'd update my collection pic, for any new members and old.
The 'Mainland's' full, going to have to make a large Tasmania LOL. Been fortunate to have added another seven since the Newyear, mainly thanks to Cranky and his Cairns contacts.
Same deal as always, happy to hear from anyone who can help fill the gaps, either with trades/swaps or cash.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:53am
Well done Tony

When did you get the first one to start the interest and the commencement of the collection.

Regards John
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:45pm
I think you may have to make a bigger map Tony and use that display for a different maker.
cheers steiny
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 4:14pm
John, I used to fish them in the 80's, good barra lures, they were given the name by George Voukolos, who told Henry they were surely the 'King' of 'Barra' Lures. Before that Henry had been making them as Hall Lures.
My collection was given a huge boost by a workmate when working for Boeing up here. He knew I was a keen lure collector, and one day he brought in about a dozen of the older models in virtually mint condition. This started me off, have traded most of my other collectable lures to reach today's number.
These are the ones my mate gifted me, he's got a lot to answer for LOL. As you can see there are six of the early 81/82 models, including one rounded bib, these are scares. Regards, Seaweed.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:11pm
For some reason the metal bibs seem to add extra bit of character to the lure over the plastic bibs

Just so I do not start WW 111  (my opinion only.)

Regards John
beesknees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beesknees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 10:30pm
Good stuff Tony, see your starting to get a few sets together. regards Ian
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 1:52pm
Nice to hear from you Ian, are you going down to the Expo this year?
If so, bring all those BarraKings you have that I'm missing from this display LOL.
Regards, Tony.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic