LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Deception Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deception colour sets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deception colour sets
    Posted: 15 May 2015 at 8:08pm
Here are a couple of classic Deception colour runs that I'm lucky enough to have collected.

Stunning lures as always.

Cheers,

Danny.

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 8:33pm
Beautiful lures.Well done in getting the sets together.
The Journey is the Reward

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 8:34pm
That first set is stunning.....well done finding all those beauties!
cheers steiny
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 10:14pm
I'd love to one day get the Yabby for the green and black colour set. I'm yet to see it in the top colour scheme though.

Cheers,

Danny.
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 7:50am
Hi Danny - beautiful sets, you will get a Yabby in the green set but I don't think that Paul was painting the Bass Yabby colour in '94 .... however like you, I'll be keeping an eye out for one Wink

Here are a few odds and sods for the Bassy Yabby set from a range of eras - I have not added to your Cherax, Shrimp and Nipper for variants like deep or shallow bibs.

1. Old Sardinops and Cherrabin, prototype fat Galaxia, Minnow from a a set of 8 different shaped prototypes, Basswood, mini Basswood, prototype small Redclaw.

2. Collector sets Yabby and Cherrabin and a Dragonfly.

Cheers

Rob

Tonk Lures
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:52am
Rob that is cruel just when Danny was doing so well.
I do love that color combo
cheers Graeme
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 11:06am
You've really done it now Rob!! "PROZAC" for Danny... Shocked Wacko  
Fysshe
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 5:33pm
Impressed as always Rob.

Ian and Graeme I'm just not sure if Prozac will cut the mustard anymore. I think I need something stronger.

Rob not including the collector set lures, which of those would one have possibly seen on the shelves of a tackle store? Maybe a chance for the Sardy, Cherrabin and Basswood? I've only seen the one Sardy in that colour, and I'm yet to see the Cherrabin or Basswood at all.

Cheers,

Danny.
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 6:15pm
Mate, the Sardinops, Basswood, Cherrabin and Galaxia were all reasonable volume production models available Commercially through tackle shops .... what volumes in what colours though, I simply don't know Confused

Trying to solve the model web wasn't to hard, but mapping the colour range by model and variant is an almighty task LOL

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 11:16am
I've picked up quite a few Bass Yabby 'variants' of late. I'm assuming they still fall under a Bass Yabby colour banner of some description even if they don't have the pink at the tail or head of the lure? Rob or Paul you should be able to confirm this for me?

Just love these colours

Cheers,

Danny.

JKR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 11:31am
Awesome Danny.

They just scream "FISH", but I'm guessing they'll never get wet unless your roof leaks :)
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 5:47pm
Mate, simply awesome .... but I'd consider the lack of pink head to be another colour set(s) as there were different hues in this non pink head version Thumbs Up

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 6:01pm
Cheers Rob. I guess my question is are they still referred to as a bass yabby of some description? Or does that colour scheme have a completely different name and if so does anyone know what it's called?

Cheers,

Danny.
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Raffey Raffey wrote:

Cheers Rob. I guess my question is are they still referred to as a bass yabby of some description? Or does that colour scheme have a completely different name and if so does anyone know what it's called?

Cheers,

Danny.
Yeah Danny they were all referred to as the Bass Yabby colour (The pink headed version came later), This was a colour suggested to me by Tim Simpson when he was at Compleat Angler in Villawood, he named it the Bass Yabby colour/Pattern, nice collection by the way Thumbs Up
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:26pm
Thanks Paul.

Do you ever recall painting a series 3 Yabby in the earlier (no pink) Bass Yabby patten? Or was the timing for the colour development well after '94 when the Yabbies sadly ceased production.

Cheers,

Danny.
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:24pm
Series 3 Yabby? That's the Cherax LOL No mate definitely came after the end of the Yabby. Doubt if a cutlet bone shrimp ever had it either? I would say 95 ish???
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:44pm
Ok now I'm really confused.......

Thought the series 3 Yabby was definitely made and in more volume than series 2 and 1. I was under the impression that the first Cherax (CX10 through wire) was made after the series 3 Yabby - a series that I thought was made in higher volumes than series 1 and 2.

That is why I asked the question about the Bass Yabby colour as your last Yabby ever made has 1994 written on it. Quite close in time to the year of 1995 you just suggested in regards to the timeline for the birth of the Bass Yabby colour?

Cheers,

Danny.

Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:40pm
I think Paul categorises his Yabby's into 2 Primary Series whereas us mad Collectors have numbers and names for everything different LOL 

Paul's Series 1 is the old original Yabby in the 2012 Collector sets and Series 2 is the more commonly seen shape which will be in the 2015 Collector sets.

To put it all in perspective the table below is a cut 'n paste from my Deception Catalogue:
  • YA010 to YA070 are the old original Series 1 shapes, but each are have different features based off the same general body profile.
  • YA80 to YA120 are a set of different shaped Yabby's that evolved into the Series 2 Yabby but have different shaped profiles. You would have to refer to my notes to understand what clearly differentiates each of these.
  • YA125 to YA140 are what Paul refers to as Series 2 Yabby's - I have just found another variant in this Series 2 shape which is not on this table, YA125.
Circulation wise I understand from Paul the following:
  • YA010 to YA070 - approx 160 lures from 1992 to 1993 (Series 1)
  • YA080 to YA120 - approx 100 lures within 1993
  • YA125 to YA150 - approx 500 lures from 1993 to 1994 (Series 2)
There is a YA125 not on the table, which will be the first variant of the Series 2 shape. It has a much thicker head where it connects to the bib.

Hope this helps somewhat - I really need to find a proper Catalogue solution for all this information - there is a lot more info than the brief exert below LOL

Cheers

Rob

YA010 Yabby Round Back Round Belly
YA020 Yabby Round Back Round Belly
YA030 Yabby Round Back Round Belly
YA040 Yabby Round Back Round Belly
YA050 Yabby Angled Back Angled Belly
YA060 Yabby Angled Back Angled Belly
YA065 Yabby Angled Back Angled Belly
YA070 Yabby Round Back Angled Belly
YA080 Yabby Square Tail
YA090 Yabby Square Tail
YA100 Yabby Square Tail              Scooped Bib
YA110 Yabby Square Tail    Flat Back
YA120 Yabby Square Tail Round Back
YA130 Yabby Long bib
YA140 Yabby Short Bib
Tonk Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:52pm
Thanks Rob

So from that information I'd be interested to know if we all as collectors will not be/should not be referring to any Yabbies as ever being in a 3rd series? There are numerous posts on LL referring to Paul's last lot of Yabbies (YA125-YA140) as series 3, which is where I have learnt to use the term too.

Cheers,

Danny.
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:03pm
Guess we should probably stick to Series 1 and 2 references as that is what Paul used. 

Suppose there is a Series 1.5 on my list LOL

In the end it doesn't really matter as long as I can sort them into the various models and keep myself amused in doing so Thumbs Up Tongue

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:20pm

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:25pm

Haha stop it No series 1.5 you're just making it even worse

No worries thanks for the help Paul and Rob. I'll back track and change any posts where I have referred to the later models as series 3 and maybe other collectors could do the same in their old posts to avoid any future confusion?

Cheers,

Danny.
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 12:30am
Yeah series 1 and series 2, the other bits are really just evolution I guess? I refer to the 2 main shapes, not the tweaks along the way, cheers Paul.
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 2:03am
Boys boys boys
Sop it ya killing most of us mug collectors
With all these numbers 👾
REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 3:56am
Mate was telling me last weekend on the turps that he rolled kayak over on murray lost some stuff and part of it was 34 cheraxes in tackle box ..went somewhere down the river . Someone would have had a good find ...same fella who fished those older box sets paul and was left with the box ... he was spewin .... i know where theres 5 big plano tray style boxes full of these ... might be some stuff in there to get some photos of ..... cheers aaron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic