Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Jaysea
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wood JaySea Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wood JaySea Lures
    Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 6:51pm
     Well it's been 25 years since a wooden lure has been made under the JaySea Lures brand name, so after getting all keen about having the brand name back I decided  to do a few in wood, nothing fancy just what ever came into my head, I ended up doing thirty lures, each lure different. (Now the real reason for this post) Not so long ago a member here and I were having a chat (you know who you areLOL) I made the comment that I would never make another wood lure, totally over it I said, not interested I said, anyways I ended up making a few using moulded foam ok so far so goodTongue the villain in this story laughed an commented "I told you, you would (smart a....) enter the idea to make a couple of wood JaySea lures, now the villain was really feeling cockyStern Smile.
     But wait, after doing the thirty wood JaySea Lures it all came back to me like a bolt of lightning I remembered why I made the comment "never again" GOD I HATE MAKING WOOD LURESBig smile and why I love my collection of plastic Chinese LuresLOL my wife is now under strict orders to shoot me if I ever even think about it again. As for the Villian I say this, it's now totally out of my system and thanks to you I will never die wonderingWink.
Cheers Warren

Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 7:02pm
Looks like u enjoyed it a touch mate......bit of goodness went into them bad boys......good job.....cheers Shane. ...
Whatever
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 7:20pm
They look awesome Warren...glad to see you back into it.!
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 7:28pm
Some great oddities amongst that lot......see what can happen if you just let yourself go with the flow.!!!
Im cocky enough to say, that these wont be the last timbers from the jaysea stable, most important thing to remember is....do it as you feel, only when you feel like it, that way you will enjoy it! Like you enjoyed making these ones (regardless of your being in denial )

And dont do more than 6 at a time....take your time, enjoy, and
Never say Never! It will come back to bite you
looking forward to seeing the next generation of Jaysea timber lures as they unfold over time.
And they will!
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:32pm
Hey Jason, Mate you can be  assured that these will be the last wood lures I will ever do, I just don't have the patients anymore and the fun for me has gone. I look around and see the talented lure makers  that are on this site and realise I'm a little to old school now and would prefer to spend my spare time with the Grand kids and fishing and maybe playing with the odd hybrid moulded lure. Like they say "Been There Done That"Big smile

Cheers Warren
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:55pm
Well if that's to be your last go at it, they look like you did them justice Warren, nice work! Clap

I too look forward to seeing the next lot whatever they're made out of!

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:37pm
Thanks Tony.

Warren
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:52pm
Warren, there is nothing wrong with old school lures. I think you are being too hard on yourself. I love the old school stuff...it has character and reflects the makers style.
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 9:08pm
Yeah yeah.....we will see....ive got some timber to drop in to you :)

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 5:53pm
That reminds me i need to drop that timber in :)

samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

No good to me Mate, have not made a timber lure since May last yearSmile could not do it even if I wanted to (and I don't!) Chinese blank makers keep me happy and busyThumbs Up

Cheers Warren
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

i'd hate to be hangin' by the nuts waiting, fknell mate , don't rush yourself LOL.......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic